Shout credit card

Comments

• Jharkinton
    Jharkinton Posts: 23 Forumite
    The card serves its purpose, as long as you repay in full every month there is no interest (service fees in their case)

Do you wait until they send the monthly statement then pay in FULL or is it better to pay just before the balance is due. Say to pay within 3 weeks of spending.

I could really do with a Credit Card to Start Re-Building my credit. Aqua did refuse me. With Aqua refusing there's no way Capital One Secure would issue me with one.
    Previous Debt - £14,342 Current Debt - £740 (Student Loan)

*Subject to a successful DRO completion. Thank you C.A.B for helping and dealing with the legalities*
  • DeltaDelta
    DeltaDelta Posts: 12 Forumite
    samtoby wrote: »
    I applied and got a rise card over a year ago which has become Shout.

Although it is very expensive it definatly served its purpose. Some months I paid it off in full some nearly in full just to run a balance. I have to say I think it was the key to me being accepted for other cards.
    I had the RISE/SHOUT card first.
    Probably six months later I applied for an Aqua and was declined which I appealed and I was offered an Aqua card which started with a £250 limit which is now £600.

I have just been accepted for a Creation Purchase card with a 3k limit. I never thought they would give me one, but I believe if you start at the bottom you can work your way up.

I also have had a JD Williams account which started at a £150 limit March 2012 and is now £1300 - not that I have ever utilised that anywhere near it has improved my ability to get credit.

It is all time; but everyone has to start somewhere.

Can I just ask, what was your financial situation before getting these crds, bad debt or bankruptcy?
    My situation is I am late forties and went bankrupt 2 yes ago (under duress) it's now finished and I have 2 yrs more to pay into the insolvency solicitors. I've worked really hard and now have a job I could afford a mortgage rather than the high rent I'm paying now.
    I've refrained from getting another credit report cos I thought not good keep going into my credit report..
    So should I get one these cards and just do my weekly shop on it and pay it straight away to build credit.
    As much advice please as poss, esp from your own experiences please :o
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Emz40 wrote: »
    All the call centres are in Asia so no one there can understand anything you say ! I need a charge back on my card but no one can understand what I am saying and when ask can I speak to someone English I get phone put down . And now they saying they don't do charge ba k !

How about you just be a little bit more patient? I find it very difficult to believe that they don't "speak English", perhaps your accent is a little strong. If you want good service then stop being a !!!!.
  • Harold12
    Harold12 Posts: 19 Forumite
    It charges you monthly fee of £15 per £100 borrowed, there is no interest or default charges on the account.
  • samtoby wrote: »
    I applied and got a rise card over a year ago which has become Shout.

Although it is very expensive it definatly served its purpose. Some months I paid it off in full some nearly in full just to run a balance. I have to say I think it was the key to me being accepted for other cards.
    I had the RISE/SHOUT card first.
    Probably six months later I applied for an Aqua and was declined which I appealed and I was offered an Aqua card which started with a £250 limit which is now £600.

I have just been accepted for a Creation Purchase card with a 3k limit. I never thought they would give me one, but I believe if you start at the bottom you can work your way up.

I also have had a JD Williams account which started at a £150 limit March 2012 and is now £1300 - not that I have ever utilised that anywhere near it has improved my ability to get credit.

It is all time; but everyone has to start somewhere.

I've just applied for Shout & Aqau and refused both, not usre now about applying to JD Williams too. Went bankrupt 2 yrs ago but have 2 yrs payments to Insolvency Moon Beever. I have a SIM deal, broadband package any ideas anyone? to improve my credit rating. Will a prepaid card help at all??
  • I've just applied for Shout & Aqau and refused both, not usre now about applying to JD Williams too. Went bankrupt 2 yrs ago but have 2 yrs payments to Insolvency Moon Beever. I have a SIM deal, broadband package any ideas anyone? to improve my credit rating. Will a prepaid card help at all??
  • I've just applied for Shout & Aqau and refused both, not usre now about applying to JD Williams too. Went bankrupt 2 yrs ago but have 2 yrs payments to Insolvency Moon Beever. I have a SIM deal, broadband package any ideas anyone? to improve my credit rating. Will a prepaid card help at all??
  • Do you think it would help my credit file at all? or a waste of time.
    Apart from bankruptcy I don't know what else it could be, although I've oly been in the property a year .
    I've no debts (now) and a pretty good job, no overdraft.
    Just don't know where to start. Do you think getting a contract phone will help. I work for a company that does them so..??
    Thank s your reply btw
  • Hi can anyone tell me, they want to know my debit card details is this safe to divulge? any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    okis wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me, they want to know my debit card details is this safe to divulge? any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance

Did you read the thread?

This credit card is a really bad idea....now, why would you think giving them your debit card details is a good one?
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills