MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Kate return a sale frock with a full price receipt?

Comments

• Yes, I would return the one bought for £25 back, along with receipt for the one she paid £50 for! If they can afford to reduce it by half, then it just goes to show what the original mark up was! go for it!:D
  • It hadn't even occured to me to do this but I'll really think about it now though!
    :dance: *inhales deeply* "Ahhhhh! I love the smell of a good deal in the morning! (or just about any time, really...)" :dance:
  • I have a policy with debenhams which avoids this happening for £19.99 a year I can claim back any money I have overpaid on sale goods and I have 100 days to claim
  • stogiebear
    stogiebear Posts: 95 Forumite
    Of course she should, but as a shop owner I would offer her a 25 pound gift certificate on the spot rather than a cash rebate which I would make sure took several weeks to come through... manager on holiday... accountant up the duff back in Novemeber!
  • This is standard business practice in many US stores. Some friends of mine even returned to repurchase their wedding ring when it went on sale shortly after they'd bought it.

i
  • deard69
    deard69 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Of Course, I do this all the time, Matalan sales, Boots Toys at Christmas, Tesco Direct stuff, Amazon refund you the difference if prices have been reduced within 30 days (As long as you ask for it) so why should other stores that make millions of pounds profit get away with it! I got my childs Christmas prezzies from Boots last year & before Christmas day had even arrived, they had a 50% sale on the same items, I purchased them again and got refunds on the full price & then 2 weeks later a 75% sale which I did the same thing again & got refunds on the 50% stuff, now that is money saving! I need to look after the pennys, I am unemployed.
  • zena2105
    zena2105 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Definitely!

I could make batter use of that £25 quid than they could
    Reclaimed thanks to this site: £2596.71
    :eek::hello:
  • erik99_2
    erik99_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    If the item in question is a gift you have received but don't want, and you don't like to ask the giver for the receipt, you can often change it or get a credit note by returning it. The trouble here is that if the item has gone into the sale by the time you return it, you will only get the sale price back.:confused:
  • She should return the first dress she bought with its own receipt and see what the shop is prepared to offer.
  • Marisan
    Marisan Posts: 96 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    If I were Kate I would be a bit miffed that no-one had mentioned that the item was about to be reduced (they must know which stock is about to be knocked-down) so I would be very tempted to return the dress and then buy it again in the sale.I wouldn't do this,however,if I had worn it -that doesn't seem right.Mind you,I'm sure it goes on.I work in a Post Office and every Monday we have a mailbag full of items being returned to catalogue companies,which I'm certain have been worn over the weekend and then are being sent back.It's a standing joke in the PO,as it's always on Mondays that we are inundated with these parcels.
    .Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure