Really Tesco !!! - 450 shops and this is how you reward loyalty ...........

My lovely delivery driver came to my door all smiles that I had reached the grand total of 450 home delivery shops with Mr T. The driver had envelope in hand which of course I excitedly opened.
Alas the disappointment !!! - for being such a loyal shopper - spending on average of £110 per week - lots more at holiday times - so £110 by 450 shops totalling at least £50,000 !!!! - they were so "kind" to give me a card with a bonus 250 tesco clubcard points on my next shop with them.

REALLY TESCO - you would have been better saying nothing at all !!
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Should have gone to lidl, you could have been driving a Ferrari now.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Should have gone to lidl, you could have been driving a Ferrari now.

nah wouldnt hold our weekly shop lol

Pity they dont deliver mind you ......... too far from here to be worth while making the journey ....
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Harry Potter world has lots of muggles

Tesco world has lots of mugs - people who believe that Tesco actually cares, or even gives a !!!! about anything other than their own profits.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But every little helps...
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Shop at your nearest Aldi or Lidl, with transport costs you would still not spend as much as you will at Tesco.

I downloaded the Payqwik app for Tesco last week, you get 50 extra points on your first 10 shops where you pay using the app, so i got more points than you did just for popping in and buying some milk ! I detest having to go anywhere other than Aldi or Lidl, i just feel as though i'm being ripped off.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    You got something for free and you've actually gone to the trouble of going to a forum to start an entire new thread to vent about it?
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My mum just had her 500 delivery and as well as the points got a bottle of wine and a house plant. Shes chuffed to bits
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tesco have been one of the supermarket s boasting about the vast profits of their online operation. But most analyst think that it's a loss leader and more about maintaining volume and preventing sales from competitors.

They think that supermarkets lose between £5, £7 or £20 per delivered shop depending on who you believe. So you've cost Tesco between £2,250, £3,150 or £9,000! :D
    The man without a signature.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Forumite
    Give over. If you'd had nothing you wouldn't have thought anything of it but an unexpected £2.50 and you're grumpy!
  • Tom_Jones
    Tom_Jones Posts: 1,562
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spank wrote: »
    My mum just had her 500 delivery and as well as the points got a bottle of wine and a house plant. Shes chuffed to bits

Some people are easily pleased, spend 20k plus and get a tenner as a reward !!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure