Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lamp
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies
    • 25th Mar 15, 7:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies 25th Mar 15 at 7:05 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under £5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Page 28
    • LucyNeve
    • By LucyNeve 7th Aug 17, 6:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LucyNeve
    Wow I've only just seen this thread! Great tip! Off to buy a 1 day travel insurance!! x
    • better_times
    • By better_times 8th Aug 17, 1:10 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    better_times
    I just bought travel insurance for £1.02 and got the cinema deal
    Last edited by better_times; 25-08-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 441
    Loan £35,000 February 17/£30845.78 to date
    Step Change £12908.56
    Rent £565.95
    July focus Food

• S7uey
    • By S7uey 8th Aug 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    S7uey
    £1.02 for a single day of travel insurance!!!! Woop woop
    • An Honour Mouse
    • By An Honour Mouse 10th Aug 17, 12:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    An Honour Mouse
    2 for 1 Movies for £1.02!
    I just bought Travel Insurance, for a single trip within the UK, for one night, and it cost £1.02 with ERV. I purchased this on my desktop before installing the app on my phone.

Here are the steps I used:

1. I created an account on comparethemarket.com, and validated the account through an email link they sent to me.

2. I clicked Travel Insurance and entered the criteria listed above. This returned a list of quotes, and the lowest price was with ERV for £1.02.

3. I then accessed 'My Account' on comparethemarket.com (button at the top of the page), and it showed me my lowest quote and I clicked to see details, and this opened in a second tab.

4. I signed up for the policy and made payment.

5. I returned to my comparethemarket tab, and accessed 'My Account' again. There was an option to claim my rewards.

6. I entered the details 'Travel Insurance', and included my policy number (which I had automatically received when I made payment).

7. comparethemarket confirmed my 2 for 1 reward.

8. I downloaded the Meerkat app, and logged in with my new account details, and I now have 2 for 1 tickets for a year for a grand total of five minutes and £1.02.

Thank you moneysavingexpert!
    • juliette sladen
    • By juliette sladen 10th Aug 17, 8:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    juliette sladen
    New record?
    Hi, I managed to get my Meerkat Movies for a bargain £1.02. I got travel insurance for 1 person travelling in the UK for 1 night. Bargain. Could this be a new record??

Maybe not. I see others have got it for the same price. Well done all.
    Last edited by juliette sladen; 10-08-2017 at 8:58 AM. Reason: seen other similar posts
    • subor34
    • By subor34 31st Aug 17, 8:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    subor34
    gsdgsdgsdgsgsdgsdgsdgsd
    • Billybob05
    • By Billybob05 3rd Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Billybob05
    Thank you An Honor Mouse for the checklist! Did exactly as you said and now have meerkat movies for the year.
    • kt01
    • By kt01 5th Sep 17, 1:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kt01
    Code for today?
    Does anybody here have a code for today they could PM over? It would take 48 hours to get a new account and mines gone
    • monkeez
    • By monkeez 19th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    monkeez
    Hi I'm new to this offer.
    So I can just get a one night travel insurance policy for 12 months of 2 for 1 tickets?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 30,399 Posts
    • 19,220 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi I'm new to this offer.
    So I can just get a one night travel insurance policy for 12 months of 2 for 1 tickets?
    Originally posted by monkeez
    If thats what some of the posts are saying then yes thats what you do.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • bazkellett
    • By bazkellett 20th Sep 17, 10:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bazkellett
    £1.02
    Just got my meerkat 2 for 1 movies deal for an amazing price of £1.02. This was with ERV insurance,
    • diabaz
    • By diabaz 11th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    diabaz
    Anyone have a spare code for tonight?
    Forgot my Meerkat thing has expired and want to go tonight. Could anyone pm me a code pretty please? My account doesn't renew in time... :/ thank you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

51Posts Today

4,075Users online

Martin's Twitter