April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• footballgirl07
    footballgirl07 Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    paulshorse wrote: »
    You could be right about it being an error, but for a supposedly professional site and business I think errors like that are unacceptable. I wonder if they are experimenting with higher targets, though, to see if they're achievable. They couldn't do that with existing members, but it would be possible with newcomers because unless they come onto a site like this they wouldn't know any different

That is true Paul, about the errors and being a professional site, but this is swagbucks... I don't know tbh. So thought I would check with my mate but he definitely has a 90 goal. Will check tomorrow to see if he has the same goal again.

They are quite random numbers so it may be some type of average of the points scarlet had earned. Like you said though, if people are completely new to the site, they aren't to know that anything is different between there accounts amd others.

Would be interesting to know if Nick has any idea on the matter? The whole personal goals thing I mean.
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
  • Scarlet1982
    Scarlet1982 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    miwa wrote: »
    I reckon the same - that they are choosing those who weren't referred (if Scarlet isn't indeed someone's ref), as they will not know any different or be able to ask anyone about their own goals.

No referral. I'll wait to see what my target is tomorrow and if its high again I'll submit a help request.
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    I wonder if SB are looking to introduce this for current members, or just new ones..?
  • miwa
    No referral. I'll wait to see what my target is tomorrow and if its high again I'll submit a help request.

I thought so, Scarlet... looks like you're an unwilling test run.

Can anyone else - lurkers, people who haven't signed up - do us a favour and tell us if this has happened to you?
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    That is true Paul, about the errors and being a professional site, but this is swagbucks... I don't know tbh. So thought I would check with my mate but he definitely has a 90 goal. Will check tomorrow to see if he has the same goal again.

They are quite random numbers so it may be some type of average of the points scarlet had earned. Like you said though, if people are completely new to the site, they aren't to know that anything is different between there accounts amd others.

Would be interesting to know if Nick has any idea on the matter? The whole personal goals thing I mean.

he doesn;t seem to answer queries anymore on fb or comment on here. there are so many complaints on the fb page now, i reckon 90% of posts on there are complaints about things not crediting or there being no earning opportunities etc.
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite

I've asked Nick directly on Facebook - let's see if we get a response
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    spiritwood wrote: »
    he doesn;t seem to answer queries anymore on fb or comment on here. there are so many complaints on the fb page now, i reckon 90% of posts on there are complaints about things not crediting or there being no earning opportunities etc.

But he has asked how they can improve Swagbucks - surely just looking at the posts would tell him
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • miwa
    paulshorse wrote: »
    But he has asked how they can improve Swagbucks - surely just looking at the posts would tell him

I think he would just like to have an easy life and get paid to be on Facebook all day. I have no idea if the deleted posts are authorised by higher up or by Nick himself.
  • paulshorse
    miwa wrote: »
    I wonder if SB are looking to introduce this for current members, or just new ones..?

If this is an experiment and they see that targets like this are achievable then you can bet your life that they will introduce them for everyone. I don't think they'll take into account that it's probably a bit easier for newcomers to hit those figures
    2014 goal £180/600
  • miwa
    Do you think it's worth intentionally making low targets then? Not that I need any help with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure