eBay Shop advantages?

Hi,

Does anyone have a ebayshop if so what are the advantages compared not having one.

Does it justifies the £17.38 fee a month?

Thanks

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It really depends on how much you sell. You get 200 buy it now listings included for free. You also get access to load of information on views and click through rates. You can also have offers such as a discount for more than one purchase.

Personally I find the holiday settings the best feature. I have to go away a lot for family and I used to have to end all my listings. Now I can just stick my shop on holiday for a week and no-one can buy till I get back.

I think the main point is though that you need to list a lot of buy it now and regularly to really make it worthwhile.
  • fishpond
    fishpond Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    200 free listings a month for a start.
    It does list all the advantages on the Ebay site.
    I am a LandLord,(under review) so there!:p
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fishpond wrote: »
    200 free listings a month for a start.
    It does list all the advantages on the Ebay site.

200 inclusive BIN listings are for a business seller, a private seller gets 100 BIN a month.

I love my shop, wouldn't be without it purely because of the holiday settings. I go away a lot and just close down the shop so that no one can buy anything while I am away, and then re open it on the day I travel home.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For me, it's worth it for the "good until cancelled" listings and holiday settings.
  • Does it justifies the £17.38 fee a month?
    No one can actually answer that as it comes down to your business figures.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • 19lottie82 wrote: »
    For me, it's worth it for the "good until cancelled" listings and holiday settings.

From this month all business sellers, regardless of whether they have a shop or not, will be able to have GTC listings.
  • soolin
    From this month all business sellers, regardless of whether they have a shop or not, will be able to have GTC listings.

Isn't it all sellers, not just business ones, or am I misremembering?

It's already caused a few issues according to the community boards as some sellers have not realised they are still charged every 30 days.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    Isn't it all sellers, not just business ones, or am I misremembering?

It's already caused a few issues according to the community boards as some sellers have not realised they are still charged every 30 days.

Well, you got me questioning my memory.

I've found the announcement I was thinking of. Was there a previous one?
    31 August, 2016 | 09:34AM BST

Having previously been available to Shop subscribers only, from early October 2016, all business sellers will be able to list using the Good ‘Til Cancelled listing format [SF1] . eBay Shop subscribers will continue to enjoy using this listing format together with other benefits and features.

Learn more about eBay Shops [RR2] .

Regards,

The eBay Team
  • soolin
    Well, you got me questioning my memory.

I've found the announcement I was thinking of. Was there a previous one?

Hmm, I just tried a test listing on my private account and have GTC available on there as well.

Not unusual for eBay to say one thing and actually do something different!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    Hmm, I just tried a test listing on my private account and have GTC available on there as well.

Not unusual for eBay to say one thing and actually do something different!

Well that is interesting. I do seem to recall a discussion about this but can't find it now, perhaps it was on the PS board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure