Columbia Road Flower market, good place to make a budget bouquet?

I want to make a premium looking bouquet for my other half. The choice is currently to either buy £8 bunch from supermarket or £40 from the florist.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground where you can buy a really good value £15 bonuquet anywhere.

I'm curious, I have never been to columbia road flower market. Is it viable to DIY?

Comments

• The flowers at Columbia market are very good value for money. Huge selection of flowers and are of an excellent standard.
    HTH
    :hello: N:hello:A :hello:N :hello:A :hello:M :hello:A :hello:G :hello:S :hello:
  • You'd usually find better selection of flowers there than anywhere else outside of London as they buy from the same wholesalers as the posh florists where they have lesser known types. I've been down there a few times and noticed very reasonable prices. Last time, I so wanted to buy the vintagey roses that were in faded pinks/beigy/peaches (not practical on the train home!); think they were about 6 stems for a tenner...
  • I think they are the same folks who sell at the covent garden saturday market. basically the columbia road market is their last chance to get rid before the flowers start to go bad. They probably have mon-fri stores but those will be slow trade.

They're decent

OH loved the flowers I got for her.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    (not practical on the train home!);

Why not? Do you mean they dont have water so will dehydrate or what?
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Get down there around 2ish pm they tend to reduce loads of stock to get rid....loads of bargains then
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure