re-mbam scan

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Sicard wrote: »
    Might be worth running a sfc. It won't do any harm and it only takes a few mins.
    sfc?? what's that? know what kfc is :-)
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    joe134 wrote: »
    know what kfc is :-)

Brilliant !! :)

open a command prompt and type inside it sfc /scannow

This will check the consistency of all the main windows files
  • Gillor
    Gillor Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Like I said earlier, you get paranoid after a while...spend more time maintaining pc, than using it.
    nowt else to do

While you've got some time on your hands :) give GMER a go at scanning you C drive....

http://www.gmer.net

It will show up in red anything that it classifies as suspicious so at least it might give you a clue as to any potential problems.

But DON'T delete any of these without first checking with Google that it is actually a rootkit. By their very nature rootkits are notoriously difficult to identify and some of the items GMER flags up may in fact be an integral part of your operating system i.e. false positives.
  • joe134
    edited 21 April 2017 at 9:49AM
    Gillor wrote: »
    While you've got some time on your hands :) give GMER a go at scanning you C drive....

It will show up in red anything that it classifies as suspicious so at least it might give you a clue as to any potential problems.

But DON'T delete any of these without first checking with Google that it is actually a rootkit. By their very nature rootkits are notoriously difficult to identify and some of the items GMER flags up may in fact be an integral part of your operating system i.e. false positives.
    ain't going to get same problem as I have had today with aswmbr scan I did yesterday am I ?:)
    All I did was took the logs of the scan.
  • hans_2
    hans_2 Posts: 420 Forumite
    ain't going to get same problem as I have had today with aswmbr scan I did yesterday am I ?:)
    All I did was took the logs of the scan.

Probably as the GMER developer works for avast now and he designed the aswMBR anti-rootkit scanner.
  • joe134
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Brilliant !! :)

open a command prompt and type inside it sfc /scannow

This will check the consistency of all the main windows files
    when I type sfc/scannow into box, it saysI must be administrator.
    I repeated it, same?
    I am the Admin, or was,,beginning to wonder,:) so what do I type when this happens?
  • hans_2
    hans_2 Posts: 420 Forumite
    I repeated it, same?
    I am the Admin, or was,,beginning to wonder,:) so what do I type when this happens?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161
  • joe134
    hans_2 wrote: »
    Probably as the GMER developer works for avast now and he designed the aswMBR anti-rootkit scanner.
    so what's gmer going to do that aswmbr couldn't?
  • joe134
    edited 21 April 2017 at 11:13AM
    Gillor wrote: »

Just done scan Avast wasn't going to allow it,( blocked by Avast self defence), but, it got though.
    There didn't seem to be any tick boxes.?
    Couldn't see anything in red , but, saved the log, which, means nothing to me.:rotfl:
    can post it if you want?
    don't know if it contains anything that shouldn't be posted?
    just a few long lines of question marks?
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I repeated it, same?

Its just security meaures ..
    You have to run CMD as admin.

Right click it and choose "run as administrator"
    That gives you an elevated command prompt :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure