National Trust English Heritage senior discounts

Options
2»

Comments

• JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't forget that there are other attractions that English Heritage gives discounts on, often 2 for 1 or 50% off, eg Warwick Castle. There's a list near the back of the handbook.
  • longforgotten
    longforgotten Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2017 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Another wrinkle............my hubby and I have had joint membership for donkeys years but cancelled last year because we now live in Wales and joined CADW instead. When I phoned up to cancel the nice guy said if we wanted to renew once one of us was 60 ( that'll be within five years of leaving NT) to mention that we had previously been members and we would get cheaper membership

Should mention if you join CADW you get half price entry to English Heritage places for the first year, if you stay a second year with CADW you then get free entry to English Heritage places.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Heritage Open Days will be 7-10 September this year.

This annual event includes FREE admission to many places in England (outside London) including some owned by National Trust and English Heritage.

A similar event for London is Open House London which will be on 16 & 17 September this year.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Arthurian wrote: »
    Not sure, but I think having reciprocal membership from other organisations means you have to pay for parking at National Trust places.

As we live in Scotland, we are NTS members, we do not have to pay for parking at English NT sites.
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure, but I think having reciprocal membership from other organisations means you have to pay for parking at National Trust places.
    Regarding NT, you don't pay for parking in England and Wales if you have National Trust for Scotland membership.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fatbeetle wrote: »
    I left my NT membership lapse after finding out they allow fox hunts on their land.
    Same here; especially when they said they had asked the membership's opinion, but a large number of people posting on a website said they didn't know of anyone who was consulted.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    You're right, and it seems rather mean (although to my mind the NT have always been pretty tight fisted).

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/news/senior-membership-prices

I agree. They don't advertise very much and we found out by accident;). We do get our money's worth as have a number of NT properties within easy driving distance and the free parking is worth a lot
  • lislou
    lislou Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't want to be controversial but only to save money! If you join the New Zealand equivalent of National Trust it is far cheaper and also includes English Heritage.
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

In the case of NTS parking is free at NT. Both NTS and NT have confirmed this to me in emails.

Price wise, all annual DD as this is cheapest, NTS adult is £50 pa, joint £90, Senior £38, Joint senior (only one needs be 60+) £63, vs NT adult is £64.80 pa (I believe less is if at same address as another NT, or at least it used to be, but can't find that on NT site), joint £108, senior £48.60, Joint senior (also only one needs be 60+) £80.40. However, NT senior is only if you have been NT member for 5 of last 10 yrs. If you haven't then joint senior NTS is £63 vs £108 for NT.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just received my NTS membership and it included a free car parking sticker for my car. I live in Kent but travel to Scotland to visit relatives and tour during the year, but can also use it in England at £38.40 or £3.20 per month its well worth it to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure