Paying off debt to freedom

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    camz2017 wrote: »
    How can you only drink 2 pints of water a day!!! Your body must be crying out for hydration omg lol

I drink tea, coffee, fruit tea and a smoothie most days too - but know I should drink more water too... just find it a real challenge! lol.

Hope you had a good evening (and she wasn't too short!!)
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    As long as you're staying alive :)

Evening was really nice, she made some amazing food, she was all "I've made so much I'm going to be eating this for days." Well... She clearly didn't know I was on my way, as I finished almost everything hahaha. She did steak, calamari, chocolate desert, wine, some onion rings, oh my god lol. I think my body was crying inside with happiness.

Went for breakfast this AM and when the server came with the bill I jokingly said "she's paying" and she literally just tapped her card and then refused to let me contribute, dunno why, really liked that. Free dinner AND free brunch, I love anyone who feeds me lots of food for free. I wish I could go back and eat again right now I'm super hungry!!

I was a lot taller than her, but nothing a pair of heels can't solve... I just don't want some short kid if they're a guy lol - that would be awks. Problem to worry about in future :D:D Her bed was tiny though - she needs to change that!
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • I'm glad your date went well! Maybe you should start thinking of free things that you can do around where you live so that if a second date is suggested you have lots of great ideas up your sleeve which look really romantic and well planned but are secretly money saving plans!
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    Maybe you should start thinking of free things that you can do around where you live so that if a second date is suggested you have lots of great ideas up your sleeve which look really romantic and well planned but are secretly money saving plans!
    Don't worry spending time with me is priceless! :):) I don't like dating too much would rather have someone watch a movie with me and hug me lol... If I do dating, I like to go on a run with them, or some climbing or something haha. I love seeing women in their fitness gear! So round two is a run with me lol :D
  • camz2017
    edited 14 December 2017 at 3:40PM
    Met the girl again at her parents, lol... took the family dog for a walk.
  • camz2017
    So I've setup a little excel tracker with my debt snowball, alongside each debt I have target debt vs actual debt, and highlighted out which debts I'm snowballing so I can go in and make the snowball payments as I go.

Went for a drive today in my friends car, now that I have free cover on other peoples vehicles (YAY!) He's got a massive Mercedes GLC, he works for them... Some lady was like leaning over into the passenger seat as she was driving next to me, so I fully expected she could come swerving my way, anyway I'm staring at her and not really concentrating too much around me so I genuinely missed this uber massive puddle until it was too late and I absolutely soaked this guy with kids and then the car behind me did the same looool. I couldn't stop laughing for so long, he was literally so fuming... I know I should feel bad but right now I really don't, like if I think about it I just laugh to myself lol.

It's times like now I think am I a heartless douche lol.:rotfl:I'm tempted to upload the video of it, but then I feel like some do-gooder will take the video, somehow track me down on social media all in the name of justice, and publish all my details to some half baked media outlet like metro news, destroying my reputation and public decency whilst also somehow getting me fined lol. So might hold back on the video...
  • camz2017
    edited 11 December 2017 at 1:19PM
    So I got a 11.5% salary increase!!!! I was expecting 5 to 10% so really pleased with that. I will therefore start paying £850 a month to the debt repayments per month :)

...Highest % raise in the firm that is possible btw - testament to my amazing work ethic I dare say. :D
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    camz2017 wrote: »
    So I got a 11.5% salary increase!!!! I was expecting 5 to 10% so really pleased with that. I will therefore start paying £850 a month to the debt repayments per month :)

...Highest % raise in the firm that is possible btw - testament to my amazing work ethic I dare say. :D

Ooh, get you! That's fab news .... what does your new debt repayment figure do to your DF date?
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • That is an amazing salary increase and hopefully it'll get you to your debt free date a lot quicker!

.. I work in local government and I'm pretty sure I get a whopping 1% increase! :p
  • camz2017
    £850 is still 44 months away - damn that's a while.
    £1000 a month is 36 months away which doesn't feel nearly as bad.

Imagine when I am debt free having £850 extra every month - and by then I will likely be promoted again (like 10k min raise) and another 3 bonus increases (like min 5% if I stay above target)... I'm gonna turn debt free and be like drowning in money. I cannot even wait for that day lol.

... I would never work for government or public service, especially with Teresa in power lol - I'm sure it's just all cutbacks etc?!

Clients pay £1400 a day for my services, so the firm has money to give out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport