DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Ta ianmak ;-)
    I will add it to my sig for now seeing as I dont have my car anymore:(((

I also had a few months of no statements and then it starting up again, I do wonder sometimes what goes on with these people!!
    I am expecting the phone calls to start up again too seeing as our DMP is going to start in Dec now instead of Nov......but I'm ready for em because we have a new phone line :rotfl:
    Total Debt : £61,302.84 :eek:
    DMP with CCCS started 1.01.2010
    Debt Free in 13 Years 1 month, hopefully sooner as things improve and they stop interest/charges!!
    Long Hauler #188 DMP Member 353
    Thank you so much to all posters :beer:
  • yellowpinky
    yellowpinky Posts: 128 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2009 at 12:17AM
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Still quiet but I'm just at the stage where it's going to progress beyond default notices and wondered what happens next really. I had a Default Notice from Post Office cards other week and now I've received a letter that looks like a cross between a termination of account and a final demand. They've asked for my card back and said "We formally demand repayment of the entire debt and your proposals for discharging same are now required" (just what language is the second half of that sentence in, I can't even understand it!). They mention further action if I use the card (like I will!) or don't respond, and then go as far to say at the end I should contact them if I am experiencing financial difficulties! There's no date by which the full repayment had to be made so I'm assuming this is just standard and I don't really have to do anytihng apart from return the card. I was going to put a covering note in to the effect - "am returning the card with the above reference as requested. I understand you have already been contacted by Payplan regarding a debt management plan. Thank you for your attention." and give my PP ref and leave it at that. As GPUK's post has helpfully directed me, I have checked on Justabank and Post Office has rejected PP's offer.

Gpuk wrote: »
    It says on justabank that tesco and mint have also accepted although I have had no calls or letters at all from either company.
    My Barclays bank account and both Barclay cards all say 'pending' so I guess they haven't decided yet?!?!
    :j

GPUK - glad it's going well and you're finding life improving now! Also thank you for mentioning that you can see acceptances/rejections on Justabank as it never occurred to me they would be on there. I've had five acceptances out of eight, including Egg who badgered me for weeks with calls then sent a default notice, and have not made a peep since, and M & S, my biggest creditor, who did write and accepted with zero interest up till this time next year, so I presume there will be a review or something. HSBC are still pending with my Visa and overdraft accounts (and have charged my eleven quid interest on my o/d this month when the payment is only seven, ugh) and Post Office is the only outright rejection at the moment.

Birthday wishes to Little Miss Skint :beer:

YPx
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No 336 - proud to be a number!
    LBM - June 20th 2009
    Total of Horror :eek: - [STRIKE]£39,909[/STRIKE] August 2010 £35,421 :j
    DFD - Feb 2018 (approx). I'll be 47 :eek: :eek: !!
  • Gpuk
    Gpuk Posts: 171 Forumite
    Hi, no probs YP :D actually didn't know myself but thought I would log on to justabank just to see if there was any more information about anything and happened to notice the lovely 'traffic light' boxes! Am still a bit confused about the MBNA bit , I emailed Payplan when I received the 'financial hardship' letter and they emailed me back to say they would update my account with this information and that the debt would now probably be passed to a DCA....?? Thought the letter meant it had been accepted but who knows, she did say that Payplan can also do offers to DCA so not to worry about it...am I right in thinking if it is passed to DCA then the interest will stop (the letter from MBNA did say no charges or interest anymore but just wondered if this applied to DCA as well)???

Congratulations and good luck to all those starting on their Debt free journeys, i'm in for the long haul but i'd be happy if I never saw a credit card EVER again for as long as I live!!!!!:T
    Goal weight....lighter than when I started :D
  • Gpuk wrote: »
    Congratulations and good luck to all those starting on their Debt free journeys, i'm in for the long haul but i'd be happy if I never saw a credit card EVER again for as long as I live!!!!!:T

OH ME TOOOOOO!
    I always hated credit cards but got drawn into them 15 years ago when I met my other half who loved them! I had to lay it all on the line for him a few months ago when he still thought that things were ok!
    I'm in for the long haul too and I never ever want to see another credit card ever too.
    Cash for me from now on! :T
    Total Debt : £61,302.84 :eek:
    DMP with CCCS started 1.01.2010
    Debt Free in 13 Years 1 month, hopefully sooner as things improve and they stop interest/charges!!
    Long Hauler #188 DMP Member 353
    Thank you so much to all posters :beer:
  • craigp_2
    craigp_2 Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks ianmak
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 058 - Proud to be dealing with my debts

DMP Mutual Support Member 354 :D DFD 2021 :mad:

Loans= £10000 C/C=£5000 Family= 18000 :eek:
  • Good Morning Fellow DMPers! :cool:

Another morning of watching for the postie for my DMP pack arriving :rotfl:I know they have my info though, so even if it doesn't arrive in time I know I can go to the PO and ask for a transcash slip and pay it that way. So I will def get to start on the 1st Nov either way. :beer:
    I need to call NatWest today too and ask for my new bank details so I can give them to OH employer. Then I need to swot up on my broadband knowledge so I am ready for my Sky telephone interview at 5pm. :eek:

Hope everything is going well with everyone else x
    I'm 26, been with my OH for 8 years - we have 3 beautiful daughters and no debt collector can ever touch our family.
    LBM: 03/10/09 Unsecured Debts: 69K :eek: DMP Start Date 01/11/2009.
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2009 at 11:35AM
    Good morning all. Just a quick question regarding our car. We have one car, older model Rover. I am the main user of the car, although sometimes I use it to take DH to work (he mainly rides bicycle to work) when weather is rotten. Between that, having two little ones, and me having some health problems (not enough to be classed as disability just simply makes it uncomfortable and difficult to use the bus with 2 little ones), we view the car as a necessity. Is that being unrealistic? We can't be forced to give up the car unless we end up in bankruptcy, right? It's paid for and has fairly low upkeep (this current glitch is the first time we've had to get any repairs done on it).

Car is in DH's name. We talked about changing it over to my name. As we are not in bankruptcy or anticipating bankruptcy, is it bad to do that? Just to make sure ? Or is that going to cause problems further down the line?
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • geoffmr1
    geoffmr1 Posts: 229 Forumite
    ianmak wrote: »
    Three newbies:

Completely Confused 352
    Northstar68 353
    CraigP 354

Northstar68 wanted to know what to do with the number. You can do what you like with it.... stick it on a badge, bumpersticker....

Seriously though, your username and number go on the first page of this thread in the list, and you can add the number to your signature if you wish. There's no reason to have or not have a number, it just seems to help people belong to this support thread.

On a separate note, just started receiving statements again from Halifax after months of receiving zilch... hmm, now either they've taken the accounts back from the DRAs, or this is part of the new dealing with debt initiative to see what my current debt is... who knows! Will give them a ring at some stage to find out.

Hello Ian,

The Consumer credit Act has been updated & all these creditors have been told thay have to send statements on a minimum of a yearly basis (although I'm unsure how it works for credit cards, whether they've had to go back to monthly or are also allowed to do it yearly). Thats why the statements are suddenly reappearing. I've just had an updated statement from Weightmans (HFC debt) & the balance is £300 lower than it should be. I don't care though as I now have proof of the balance & if they can't count then thats their lookout.
    :j DMP mutual support thread member - 135:j
  • geoffmr1
    geoffmr1 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Triggles wrote: »
    Good morning all. Just a quick question regarding our car. We have one car, older model Rover. I am the main user of the car, although sometimes I use it to take DH to work (he mainly rides bicycle to work) when weather is rotten. Between that, having two little ones, and me having some health problems (not enough to be classed as disability just simply makes it uncomfortable and difficult to use the bus with 2 little ones), we view the car as a necessity. Is that being unrealistic? We can't be forced to give up the car unless we end up in bankruptcy, right? It's paid for and has fairly low upkeep (this current glitch is the first time we've had to get any repairs done on it).

Car is in DH's name. We talked about changing it over to my name. As we are not in bankruptcy or anticipating bankruptcy, is it bad to do that? Just to make sure ? Or is that going to cause problems further down the line?

Hi Triggles,

They cannot take the car from you & even if your OH was declared bankrupt they still cannot take the car from you if it's needed for work. Having kids is also a pretty strong argument for them not being able to take the car. I would assume if you had a 40k+ motor you might have to downgrade (although its never seemed to affect Kerry Katona) but you won't lose the car regardless.
    :j DMP mutual support thread member - 135:j
  • bailey59
    bailey59 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Hello everyone, can I join your thread please. I am just waiting for my DMP pack from CCCS so hopefully I can start my road to debt freeness in December. I have heard that this is the place to be :cool:
    :idea: LBM 23-10-2009 - Total unsecured debt £39,638.65 _pale_

DMP starts 1-1-10 - DFD given August 2020 - but wanting to be DF by June 2016 _party_

DFW Long hauler Supporter #188 :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport