London and country aip

Spoke to London and country this morning to find out what they're thoughts were on my husband and I obtaining a mortgage - They have given us an agreement in principle for the £134000 that we need, and have said that we could go to a max of £136000, but any more would impact our affordability.

can we take this as written??? - I'm worried that we will get hopes up and have it taken away.

Comments

• They also said that we would be looking at a interest rate of between 2.37-2.99% which I really didn't think that we would be able to get
  • L&C are a broker not a lender. They can't give an aip, only a lender can.
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    I used L&C and found them very pleasant to work with. They got me a mortgage when other brokers weren't able to help me. However, as SavingSteve mentioned they are a broker and not a lender so the ultimate decision about lending lies with the Lender itself!
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • kayley.m
    kayley.m Posts: 16 Forumite
    I went to l&c I have to haras them to get information. And i have just had a mortgages offer rejected at the aip stage on friday... and no updates of whats happening since saturday which was no news... advised they would call me monday still no news. Im going to tell them to leave it and try and find another broker ��
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kayley.m wrote: »
    Im going to tell them to leave it and try and find another broker ��

Why don't you give them a chance to get back to you. There are only so many hours in a working day.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    To be fair Thrug, a client shouldn't be left hanging over the weekend into Tuesday morning with no news.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thrugelmir i understand there're are only so many hours in the working day, but i shouldn't have to chase when hes said he would update.

This isn't the 1st time... although the advisor i have been dealing with has been plesent he can't be contacted by phone EVER.

I understand im not his only client but making me feel my case is important means alot to me.

My mortgage application was declined on a friday which was stressfull. I have no idea if he's even spoken to the lender like he said he would, i have no idea if hes found another mortgage lender for me?

I could be sat here waiting for a reply whilst im at the bottom of his todo list and loosing time when i could be making alternative arrangments.

Im not prepared to loose the house because someone is to busy and unable to deal with my case.

(I am never moving house ever again):o
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's the problem with conveyor belt Broker firms, stack it high to get a commission.

You get what you pay for.

As Amnblog says:

It is prudent when out shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to pound land
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport