IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

This PCN was not issued under POFA - CTT Collections

thegentleway
thegentleway Posts: 987
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 6 September 2016 at 7:13AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,

I have received a PCN from CTT Collections for "No Valid Payment" at Warwick Parkway Station.

I sent the BPA template on the Newbie thread but they replied saying:

This PCN was not issued under the rule of POFA.

How do I respond?

Info:

I didn't park: I dropped off my girlfriend in the morning and picked her up in the evening. CTT have sent me a nice picture of me entering in the morning and leaving at night saying I didn't pay!
No one has ever become poor by giving

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is a common APR fail known as "doubling dipping". Lots of stuff here about it

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=double+dipping+parking

Very easy to beat.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,159
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I didn't park: I dropped off my girlfriend in the morning and picked her up in the evening. CTT have sent me a nice picture of me entering in the morning and leaving at night saying I didn't pay!
    So what period of parking was stated on the PCN?
  • How do I respond?

1) Complain to the BPA. They must either accept or reject your appeal and are not allowed to ask for additional evidence or proof.

2) Write back to CTT Collections, requiring them to properly identify themselves, as their letter does not provide the information required by law. You can't serve legal documents on a PO Box in Priestley Road.
  • Castle wrote: »
    So what period of parking was stated on the PCN?

Doesn't actually specify a "period of parking" but the pictures are timed 07:24 and 18:27
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You need to redact your letter of any identifiable details such as reference numbers, and repost it.
  • catfunt wrote: »
    You need to redact your letter of any identifiable details such as reference numbers, and repost it.

Thanks, I've removed ref numbers:

CTT_zpsebkqubtt.png
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    CTT is COBALT TELEPHONE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and a long standing BPA member. have they sent a POPLA code. If not complain to aos@britishparking.co.uk.

May even be a byelaws ticket so even more hassle for CTT.
  • Thanks for advice. I've sent a complaint to BPA.
  • AOS investigation team has replied to my complaint:

Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting the BPA.

The BPA cannot directly help with a parking charge notice. The BPA is a membership association and not a regulatory body. This means that whilst we will address any actual breaches of the code of practice by our members’ we do not have the resource or authority to deal with complaints about individual parking charge notices.

The correspondence provided shows that the operator has not yet completed the appeals process, and has asked for additional information from the motorist to consider the appeal further. This should be submitted to the operator so that the appeal can be assessed and completed, and they have an opportunity to address any concerns you may have.

Please also note that if an appeal is then rejected by the parking operator, the motorist may also have recourse to the independent appeals service known as POPLA (Parking On Private Land Appeals). Please visit https://www.POPLA.co.uk for further information on how and when to appeal. If POPLA identify a breach of the code, they will inform us so that the appropriate action may be taken.

All operators are expected to adhere to any legal requirement as per the law, however, if a motorist feels that the law has been broken then this should be referred to the appropriate authorities so that relevant action can be taken. As we are not legally trained we are unable to comment on this point.

Yours sincerely,

AOS Investigation Team
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read LoveNorfolk's efforts dealing with the same thing from the BPA. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure