Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• Anyone else not getting Peanut Labs appear on the front page any more even when there are surveys available? I'm thinking they've turned it off the front page since a couple of days ago.
  • SB rewards - Mastercard

The blurb isn't clear, hoping that someone who actually uses these can help.

As I understand it, its designed as a 'virtual' card that can be used for online purchases. (though apparently, for a price you can have a physical card) That's fine I'd only use it online anyway.

Does each redemption set up a different account? (limiting the spending power on the account to the amount originally redeemed)

OR

If I get a £10 'voucher' this week and that sets up the virtual account with a £10 balance, can I then get subsequent vouchers and add them to the same balance? (A bit like adding Amazon codes to my account till I have enough to buy whatever it was I was saving for)

If someone can confirm its the latter (and I suspect it may be or the scheme would be really unwieldy) then I may well give it a go. Though I love the Amazon vouchers, sometimes it would be helpful to have a wider choice over where I buy.

Thanks
  • Boodedoo wrote: »
    SB rewards - Mastercard

The blurb isn't clear, hoping that someone who actually uses these can help.

As I understand it, its designed as a 'virtual' card that can be used for online purchases. (though apparently, for a price you can have a physical card) That's fine I'd only use it online anyway.

Does each redemption set up a different account? (limiting the spending power on the account to the amount originally redeemed)

OR

If I get a £10 'voucher' this week and that sets up the virtual account with a £10 balance, can I then get subsequent vouchers and add them to the same balance? (A bit like adding Amazon codes to my account till I have enough to buy whatever it was I was saving for)

If someone can confirm its the latter (and I suspect it may be or the scheme would be really unwieldy) then I may well give it a go. Though I love the Amazon vouchers, sometimes it would be helpful to have a wider choice over where I buy.

Thanks

Unfortunately I can't 100% confirm but if its the same system they use on ipsos/i-say for virtual mastercards then its the first scenario, I haven't seen any way on their virtual card partner to add a new voucher to an 'existing' virtual card. (From ipsos/i-say I use it to buy amazon giftcards as the virtual card cashout is cheaper than amazon directly)

do look at the comments on the £5 listing though as if it is your second scenario there is a monthly fee to pay.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Thanks Trix-a-belle, I'm with I-say and have always just got Amazon. I didn't realise about the Mastercard so you've saved me some points that way.
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Unfortunately I can't 100% confirm but if its the same system they use on ipsos/i-say for virtual mastercards then its the first scenario, I haven't seen any way on their virtual card partner to add a new voucher to an 'existing' virtual card. (From ipsos/i-say I use it to buy amazon giftcards as the virtual card cashout is cheaper than amazon directly)

do look at the comments on the £5 listing though as if it is your second scenario there is a monthly fee to pay.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. If that's the way it works on ipsos/isay then its unlikely to work differently for SB. The system will be the card supplier set up rather than the reward site.

So it doesn't look like it would be suitable for me, there is no difference on SB between the price for Amazon and that for Mastercard.
  • daffydog
    daffydog Posts: 302
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happygreen wrote: »
    In case you've not received an answer yet - it helps if you reload/refresh until you see an ad first thing. You need 3 ads to receive 1 SB but it pays usually at some point once it starts with an ad. Don't refresh or leave the page once you've had an ad. Good luck.

I do appear to see an advert on my first video but has not helped so far. I shall keep trying but thanks for you answer.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Introducing The Chocolate Dipped Team Challenge

Can you feel it Swaggernauts? Valentine’s day is almost here and we can feel the love in the air! Whether it be in a box or heart shaped, we all know that one of the staples of Valentine’s Day is candy. We hope this team challenge will help you satisfy that festive sweet tooth! The Chocolate Dipped Team Challenge begins Monday, February 13th at 4PM GMT and ends on Friday, February 17th at 8PM GMT.

All members who participate and contribute at least 300 points to their team’s total will receive a SB bonus in the form of a SB Swag Up Rebate! Members of the 1st place team will receive a 40 SB Swag Up Rebate, members of the 2nd place team will receive a 20 SB Swag Up Rebate, members of the 3rd place team will receive a 10 SB Swag Up Rebate. Swag Up Rebate will be made available on Friday February 17th and will expire on Wednesday, March 1st at 7:59 AM GMT.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,830
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    vandanfc wrote: »
    Introducing The Chocolate Dipped Team Challenge

Can you feel it Swaggernauts? Valentine’s day is almost here and we can feel the love in the air! Whether it be in a box or heart shaped, we all know that one of the staples of Valentine’s Day is candy. We hope this team challenge will help you satisfy that festive sweet tooth! The Chocolate Dipped Team Challenge begins Monday, February 13th at 4PM GMT and ends on Friday, February 17th at 8PM GMT.

All members who participate and contribute at least 300 points to their team’s total will receive a SB bonus in the form of a SB Swag Up Rebate! Members of the 1st place team will receive a 40 SB Swag Up Rebate, members of the 2nd place team will receive a 20 SB Swag Up Rebate, members of the 3rd place team will receive a 10 SB Swag Up Rebate. Swag Up Rebate will be made available on Friday February 17th and will expire on Wednesday, March 1st at 7:59 AM GMT.

Link to join now

http://www.swagbucks.com/int-chocolate-dipped
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Slightly miffed at Gold Surveys. So far I've started 5 surveys which I didn't qualify for and it keeps redirecting me to the longest ones they can find - I started with 7 minutes, now at 25.... Will they ever tick the "Tried a survey" box ?
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,119
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Swag Code Alert! Enter SoSweet in the Swag Code box until 6PM GMT to earn 4 SB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure