Living richly; simply and debt-freely

Comments

• supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 19 June 2015 at 7:39PM
    Don't worry about it GP. We all make the mistake of arguing with idiots sometimes, it's because we are kind at heart - unlike the idiots who are numbskulls. :rotfl:

ps sorry for the time delayed response, I think someone keeps hitting my pause button :)
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,371
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good Evening :hello:

The wedges won.

001_zpsp1yejrpu.jpg

I did however, make up some minted mayo to accompany..... hit the spot :D

gallygirl wrote: »
    Personally I think you should have gone for the other option :(;).

*snort* :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T

ps I still have 2 limes left, how quick can you get here? :D

rtandon27 wrote: »
    ...that being the lower plane?!?

:D

Ain't no planes about it rtandon, we'd be horizontal, I'm not known to *stint* wif me 'ospitality...... :rotfl:

Don't worry about it GP. We all make the mistake of arguing with idiots sometimes, it's because we are kind at heart - unlike the idiots who are numbskulls. :rotfl:

Thanks hun - your support is gratefully received :D

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £247.85/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215
    Non-food household spend April £12.94
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,215
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Regarding the new potatoes - we live in the middle of allotment owning/garden growing people and I regularly come home to bags and boxes of all sorts of veg and fruit (donations are repaid with cake). New potatoes are currently clearly doing well and I have something in the region of 3 2kg bags even after donating to the food bank and a couple of neighbours. Mini baked new potatoes with yogurt & garlic dip, chile con carne and green salad has gone down very well tonight.
    NF 04.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£233.00 (46%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£042.00     NPt 12.24 £250.00/£080.95
    FD £3600.00/£0900.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0450.00

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Forumite
    Good Evening :hello:

T'as been a funny old day. I got mistaken for an assistant in £landium as I had my black top on. Can't win. Get asked where the tinned tuna is all the time if I wear my red top in HB..... :rotfl:

Done lots and lots of 'itty bits'. Quite a bit achieved, but nothing of significance. Still, keeps a household running, I guess....

Currently listening to Ms A. Lennox - Little Bird, and have been watching the swallows and house martins absolutely wheeling around in the sky, catching the sun in their feathers as they turn :DI look up to the, little bird; that glides, across the sky (Harris, Lennox, Mcgarrigle, 1992)

Dinner this evening was a curry plate. After the bounty that we had last week, that needed using up whilst it was at its freshest, we're back into the rhythm of Saturday Night is Curry Night :D

I tried a new curry recipe. It was from Mr Ottolenghi and was Aubergine Pahi (second recipe down). I hadn't got any pandan leaf, so didn't use it (did you see Nige shopping with that lady who made the 2 colour rice on Monday? They just walked into a shop and bought some pandan leaves. *sigh*) and I didn't have any lemongrass, so substituted with a lime and its zest instead. I shall be honest and say that until I put the lime in, I wasn't going to rate this curry at all. But, as ever, the citrus lifted the dish, and I think that it will be a keeper. I accompanied it with Rick Stein's beetroot curry, lentil dhal and a whole heap of steamed cabbage - as it needed using up :D

006_zpsqkidok5v.jpg

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

inspiration that led to innovation ;) - and a touch of recycling ;)

getting stuff done

trying a new recipe that worked.

Thanks everso for dropping in, reading and joining in. I am grateful.

See y'all later.

Greying x

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • Don't worry about it GP. We all make the mistake of arguing with idiots sometimes, it's because we are kind at heart - unlike the idiots who are numbskulls. :rotfl:

Yep....seconded on that one....been there/done that = argued with idiots. I just tell myself "At least I tried and I've obviously got more commonsense/intelligence/etc than they have - because I'm not an idiot like them".

There's rather more of them around than we could wish for...and not nearly enough "salt of the earth" types - unfortunately:(

As far as possible I ignore them these days - but...hey...we're all human after all and so sometimes don't "suffer fools gladly".
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Forumite
    DP and I were lucky enough to be in the mountains today :D
    We made the summit. Couldn't see a blessed thing due to the low cloud cover, and had to hold on tight due to uneven footing, wet rocks and a howling gale :D
    But we have the 'selfie' to prove *we woz there* :D
    We took a picnic :D
    (thankfully eaten a little way off the summit and in the lee of some rocks)
    I took up my *worry stone* - a smooth and/or decorative stone that I'm apt to pick up on my travels and keep in my pocket to help *cogitations and contemplations* during times of deep thought or stress.
    I left my stone at the top of the mountain :D
    We had an early start :(
    We had lashings of fresh air :D and precipitation :( in addition to a real strength and fitness work out :D
    We are both *tired* and will be requiring an early night #zerostayingpower:rotfl:

Greying x

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,608
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Gosh Greying, sounds like a very epic day for you and DP! What dramatic weather! And how very lovely to leave your worry stone at the top of the mountain :j Hope you left your worries there too xx
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    tyrol.gif
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,215
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    (did you see Nige shopping with that lady who made the 2 colour rice on Monday? They just walked into a shop and bought some pandan leaves. *sigh*)

I did, and thought 'easy for you', having lived in London I now live in the Borders and such things are impossible to find. Interesting programme however I thought, and with more of his personality showing too it seemed to me.

Tell me, have you ever managed to find the powdered coconut milk again in either BM or HB since that lovely glut? I'm now all out and missing it badly.

Your Ottolenghi curry looks gorgeous nontheless, perhaps rich eldest bro will take me to his place again when DS1 and I visit London soon. Every dish was delectable.

Right time for bed with DDD on TV til DS1 gets home from band practice, all the time avoiding that annoying placer ad with the perfectly cooked boiled egg that is then completely wasted by sticking the toast soldier too far in so all the yolk comes over the side. I have to stop myself shouting at the screen each time it comes on! I really do need to get out more!
    NF 04.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£233.00 (46%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£042.00     NPt 12.24 £250.00/£080.95
    FD £3600.00/£0900.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0450.00

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Forumite
    Good Morning :hello:

Slept like a log last night :D

Cheery - I hope I've left them up there too :D

Upsidedown Bear - that would have been me, natch, but frankly if I'd have stood up like that, I'd of become a flying squirrel and got lost in the ether :rotfl::D

joeyjimbles - nope. Powdered coconut sadly lacking :D The only *bargain* I got was the other week, HB were selling tins and pouches of K1ngfisher brand coconut milk for 29p (or was it 30p?) and 15p respectively for 400g tin or 200ml pouch. I grabbed 5 pouches. Not used them yet, so not sure of quality/richness etc.

Nige is certainly less annoying and I don't miss the intropspective and terribly 'deep' pieces to camera about 'I want fluffiness' or 'it's got to be sooooooothing' Definitely a different vibe now James is in charge.

Right, best shift a tail-feather. Running late!

Thanks for popping in, reading and joining in. Appreciate it :D

See y'all later.

Greying x

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business