We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837
    First Post
    Forumite
    luceille....:o:o:o:o:o:o I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO know what you are going through... its hard, very hard, but time will heal the pain....

Alfie..... a few weeks to late, otherwise would have had it for eldest..

DONT talk to me about insurance:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It was cheaper for me to have fleet insurance for our vans etc. 5k a year:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    daylight flipping robbery...:eek: if we had insured the 5 veichles individually it would have been alot more than that, ( they wanted 2k for one van, small claim the year before)

and this doesnt include the eldest insurance:eek: which was just over 3k:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wish we could go back to the horse and car, but you would prop have to have road tax, horse insurance, and an mot on the horse and cart too:rotfl:

WHAT CAR IS YOUR SON DRIVING !!!!:eek:

IS IT YOUR POSTCODE THAT AFFECTS IT ????
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    WHAT CAR IS YOUR SON DRIVING !!!!:eek:

IS IT YOUR POSTCODE THAT AFFECTS IT ????

pegout 106, its all due to his age, 17 and just passed test
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Forumite
    rhiwfield wrote: »

How many bags of that lovely clobber do you have???!!!! Even better than rusty old stoves :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

/QUOTE]

ALFIE........ did you have a rusty old stove? multifuel? wood?

can you pm me you user name please:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: no, it was a rusty likkle primus stove i sent rhiwi that turned into a golden egg for some japanese person....

BUT...... i do have a woodstove stood as decoration in my bedroom . its a side opening tho.
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    shame as its a cracking little car, iv used it for airport runs and had back seats down and mega loaded case wise,:eek: but drove like a gem !!:D dad wanted to give it to me but i love my van...and just wouldnt use it ... and now iv cleaned my van inside its amazing that i can see the floor :D:D

Alfie........hubby just pointed out that my car (old 'H' reg) may not pass it's MOT next month either.
    can you get 'stuff' in the back of your dad's car with the seats folded down?
    I drive from London to mum's on the south coast every 2 weeks and always have 'stuff' to take, next trip it's a garden shredder and extendible tree loppers and associated stuff for example.
    The boot is never empty, I treat it like a giant handbag:o
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Forumite
    annie123 wrote: »
    Alfie........hubby just pointed out that my car (old 'H' reg) may not pass it's MOT next month either.
    can you get 'stuff' in the back of your dad's car with the seats folded down?
    I drive from London to mum's on the south coast every 2 weeks and always have 'stuff' to take, next trip it's a garden shredder and extendible tree loppers and associated stuff for example.
    The boot is never empty, I treat it like a giant handbag:o

135924226.jpg

135923852.jpg

ive nicked pics from ad, o4 plate £2,000 + :eek: 52,000m
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    OK can we officically call this season the 'rainy season' as this is def NOT summer:mad: P eeps are saying that is is going to be a rainy july too, and we might be lucky and have a week of dry weather in August....

Dont get me wrong i am not a huge lover of very hot summer's the older i have got i cant cope with the heat, but i would rather that than the flipping constant rain....

Just cant get things done up at the new place in this weather,

didnt manage to get bits on fleabay yesturday, but what i have put on there, have quite a few watchers:D so fingers crossed they are not all nosey so and so's :rotfl:

right off to finish my cuppa, and get ready for work
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    My wildflower patch.

Borage and chamomile do well here anyway, so not a surprise both have been successful there. It looks so beautiful at the moment i cannot believe it. Nettles and yellow thistles have been the biggest issues. We did a big weed a coue of weeks ago and cut back a metre strip which was mainly nettle. Plan is to scarify this so the flower seeds can do their best attempt soon.

0f2c1a44.jpg

I love this spikey poppy seed bud

a67cde51.jpg

88abbb64.jpg
    788f39b3.jpg

4a57fda4.jpg

As well as this little ladybird the thing is covered in bees. Bees with legs weighed down with pollen, but who moved too quickly for me to snap.

I am really happy with it. :)
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lucielle, just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your dog. :( Hugs from Liverpool.
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    LIR that wild flower patch is wonderful, I've got borage, chamomile, poppies and loads of others but they're all dotted around my garden and it doesn't like half as nice a display as yours does.

Alfie, thank you so much for the pics. I've been driving round several local garages 'till I found one that would let me try and get the shredder in the back. He did look at me as though I was mad, but I'm used to that, and whilst it did fit just there isn't room for anything else, so it's a no.
    Which is such a shame as I hate buying 2nd cars, you never know what bu**s**t you're being given, so I've always tried to buy of people I know, even if it is virtually :D

We had more sunshine in January than June here, it's so depressing, even my runner beans look depressed and pathetic this year.
    Starting to think a smallholding in the Caribbean would be just right, papayas, coconuts, bananas, mangos :D
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Lovely pics, LIR. :beer:
    Watch the borage. It runs totally wild here & takes over. What the seedsman would call a very successful self-seeder. ;)
    We had to have an enormous clear out.

The other thing which does that here is Soapwort (the big, old-fashioned one not the dwarf) but we've confined ours to one hillside. It looks an absolute picture when it's all out in bloom, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure