Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    mhoc wrote: »
    This is actually several questions :D

At home Sophie cat is obsessed with yogurt so as soon as a pot comes out she is there and waiting for the lid. If its a small pot and she cant get her head in I cut the empty pot in half for her and again she sees the scissors and knows I am cutting it up for her :)
    Treacle cat thinks yogurt is the work of the devil :D

When in hotels I tend to tip yogurt into a bowl and put fruit on top - it depends on the hotel really but I really don't like eating out of the pots in hotels. No lids or pots are licked out of the house.

I don't think I've been anyway where I can say for absolute certainty that everyone eating breakfast is upper class otherwise I would have observed what they were doing with their yogurts

Thought you were going to say that you take the pot home for the cat to lick out :D

Morning all :wave:
  • Probably wouldn't survive outside this time of year if you release it into green spaces as won't have built a nest in time ready for its winter wind down.
    Need to find an outside warmer residence that's sheltered or find which hole it comes from and then block it so it can't come back.

In other words, best to keep it behind your sofa till Spring.

It might like hamster food?

Give it a name. That will help. :D

When DD had a rat in her student house they had to wait a weekend till Pest Control could get there. Meanwhile they called it Roland. That actually really helped calm the hysteria.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    :eek: Dexter would use higher grade plastic sheeting :p :rotfl:

Thanks for this. Also 1kg Silver Spoon icing sugar is a nugget in there, just saying :)

So a month ago I heard something nibbling in my living room, but could not figure out where it was coming from. We checked everywhere except behind the sofa (it's bloody heavy) and vacuumed the crap out of everything. I didn't hear it again, so thought no more of it, but we've been cleaning everyday just in case. Last night I was watching Netflix on my laptop and a little mouse ran out from under my sofa. I think we startled each other and it ran back :rotfl: We've figured out it came from our neighbour (long story but essentially they are now squatters, who haven't paid rent in 8 months, don't clean and refuse to let anyone into the building). Does anyone know how to get rid it without killing it?

Catch it and put in next doors garden :rotfl:
  • underperky wrote: »
    Catch it and put in next doors garden :rotfl:

:rotfl: I thought about it.

Whilst I'm here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-chill-ben-jerry-s-half-baked-10p-tesco-2526765

10p ice cream anyone?
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • :eek: Dexter would use higher grade plastic sheeting :p :rotfl:

Thanks for this. Also 1kg Silver Spoon icing sugar is a nugget in there, just saying :)

So a month ago I heard something nibbling in my living room, but could not figure out where it was coming from. We checked everywhere except behind the sofa (it's bloody heavy) and vacuumed the crap out of everything. I didn't hear it again, so thought no more of it, but we've been cleaning everyday just in case. Last night I was watching Netflix on my laptop and a little mouse ran out from under my sofa. I think we startled each other and it ran back :rotfl: We've figured out it came from our neighbour (long story but essentially they are now squatters, who haven't paid rent in 8 months, don't clean and refuse to let anyone into the building). Does anyone know how to get rid it without killing it?

i do remember it being said on here thar peanut butter is the best thing to put in the traps.hth.:rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The subject of over spending is an interesting one.

Everyone has their own perception as to what is worth buying and spending money on so what looks like wanton extravagance to one person is another's everyday necessities.

Its also virtually impossible to change people perceptions or change what they consider a priority - you just have to bite your tongue, shake your head and let them get on with it. They wont ever understand our frugal way of doing things.

With some people its the balance between being short of time and/or short of cash

I've long since despaired of trying to re educate my offspring, they live in the here and now with no tomorrow.

I suppose we just have to concentrate on getting the very most enjoyment out of our own money, stretching it as far as we can, spending it twice if possible.
    If bills are getting paid, there is food in the cupboards and small treats to look forward to and you can sleep at night without worrying about whatever is coming next then that is the best any of us can do
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.

Will expect to see your neighbour on C5 soon then....CPWTIA_banner.jpg

It is a syrup isn't it ?
  • mumtoo3
    mumtoo3 Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning,

Whilst looking for the cheap pukka pads yesterday in T i ended up in the party section and they had quite a few of party items reduced including plates, cups and the toys to put in party bags. Some of them were also on five for four. I picked up a few bits as stocking fillers and some to donate to my DD school fair. Shame the pukka pads weren't reduced in my store.
  • Probably wouldn't survive outside this time of year if you release it into green spaces as won't have built a nest in time ready for its winter wind down.
    Need to find an outside warmer residence that's sheltered or find which hole it comes from and then block it so it can't come back.

We had a mouse in the summer, unfortunately had to use a basic trap to get rid. We know we have mice in the garden and really do not mind, but this cheaky little devil dashed in through the French windows and straight into the study!

We know they live in the compost heap over winter if that is of any help.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport