Day trading penny stocks from UK

Options

Comments

• sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    Nr1991 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before. I am looking for an online broker to day trade International penny stocks. I have looked at Hargreaves Landsdown, they seem pretty good for AIM companies but not a lot for overseas.
    I have looked at the popular US ones but most you have to be a US citizen, or pay $200+pm for your account.
    Obviously I would like one with low cost on account opening/ transaction fee and little or no fee for currency conversion.

Any info appreciated
    Thanks

Most day traders have many millions (if not billions) to start with, and a big company behind them and a team of data analysts and big computer systems. It will also help if you have a direct line straight to the stock exchange to trade, so that you can trade quickly (in the milliseconds).
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    This is like the lottery.
    For every £1million won, £2 million is lost.
    But we only hear about the winners, not the losers.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nr1991 wrote: »
    I am looking for an online broker to day trade International penny stocks.
    Are you restricted to pennies or can you also trade in cents? And to trade in cents must you start out with sense?
  • Bravepants
    Bravepants Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Rather than penny stocks, try this website for a quicker way to lose your money...

http://www.888.com/
    If you want to be rich, live like you're poor; if you want to be poor, live like you're rich.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Serje wrote: »
    By the way I started a blog about penny stocks (top 5 movers 2017, tips, strategies, risk tolerance, etc.). I hope that might be of interest to you
    ................ and what exactly makes you an authority in these matters?
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Serje wrote: »
    I hope that might be of interest to you

Not really, it probably is just a way to ramp certain shares
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Serje
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Not really, it probably is just a way to ramp certain shares

Not really, its just the watchlist 2017 I've come up with and nothing more. :(
  • verybigchris
    Options
    You did well if you got early Microsoft stock for a penny each, given that it's original offer price was $21 per share.

(Although, of course, it couldn't matter less. The whole notion of treating "cheap" shares as being somehow different to "expensive" shares is nonsense and shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what share prices indicate)
  • levdon01
    Options
    Day-trading penny stocks is one of the best ways to lose money. This strategy seems to attract gamblers which are merely 'taking punts'. When I was new to buying shares I was drawn to penny shares as it seems a good way to make a quick fortune but I have found buying and holding bluechips (although very boring) is actually more profitable.

I would urge you to read my book. Afterwards I do not think you will touch penny shares again
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature again. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • lluzers
    lluzers Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Just do a google search on day trading success rate , get a revolver ready after you done your money.

99.9 % of all traders lose money or will end up losing money , this is because trading is a game played between the 12 inches of your ears , the way the human brain is wired , our mindsets are not suitable to trade successfully .

To understand this ,you will have to go to t2w forum and read all psychology articles , in their psychology section , and a dozen threads on psychology started by foroom lluzers.

Search on internet "human brain is wired to lose".All trading forums are full of losers , who lost their monies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure