Forced to go self empoyed

2»

Comments

• NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    sy1980 wrote: »
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Why do people apologise for potentially posting in the wrong place?
  • sy1980
    sy1980 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Might be easier to just go back in and explain there has been a misunderstanding they can't legally do what they have done so either need to carry on as normal.

Depending on how helpful she wants to be she could explain the options, redundancy process with notice and redundancy if the job is really going.

if the job is not going HMRC will not be happy with self employed and may want to review the business.

How are the casual paid?

Would the wife be interested in doing the payroll that may be a simple solution, might take a while to understand the full process.

I've suggested it to her, and printed some stuff for her to show her boss. She's hopefully going to speak to him today.

All staff are paid weekly in cash.

At the suggestion of her doing the wages she said she wouldn't know where to start. It might be worth her doing an online course to learn it, but I doubt she would get paid any extra for doing it though.
  • sy1980
    sy1980 Posts: 8 Forumite
    NineDeuce wrote: »
    Why do people apologise for potentially posting in the wrong place?

Only because someone might have to spend time moving threads to the correct place. I wasn't sure which category this issue fell under, hence the pre-emptive apology.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure