<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Well done on getting to grips with the outdoor jobs. I need to do the same...
    You seem very motivated and get lots done. I must drop by more often for inspiration :)
    Nutmeg pastry sounds stupidly good :)

Work avoidance mostly :p (I mean me, not you Greenbee obviously...)

If I stop doing stuff I will have to get a proper job.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Work avoidance mostly :p (I mean me, not you Greenbee obviously...)

Clearly not... I mean, none of the stuff I did today was work avoidance was it? :p

I'm now doing my work. Because it didn't go away while I was ignoring it... :cool:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Muffins - you know to keep wet and dry ingredients separate until the final moment, and give them as little mixing as possible before filling the cases? Too much working of them can make them a bit stodgy I think - although as you say if they're being eaten they must be alright, mustn't they! That carrot cake sounds fab though - I LOVE carrot cake but MrEH refuses to eat it as he says it tastes like carrots... :rotfl: He'd happily have custard tarts but I won't be making those as I don't like them - these things work both ways, I find! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 September 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Hi EH, yes I know, I follow the instructions exactly but they are still not right. I have similar problems with short bread. He ate them at least, unlike the last ones.

So the onion soup was really good, must type it out. I have a bad habit of trying and losing new recipes. Used the last stale finger roll from the sausages inna bun to make floating cheese croutons, again with the dregs of the grated cheese so quite a good use up meal.

Tonight I made chilli (mince from the freezer) padded out with peppers and mushrooms. Not keen myself but popular with the others. Two portions left for freezing or eating tomorrow. Still have the last bits of chicken to use up too.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Maybe the consumer of the muffins could take over the cooking of them?

Have been battling excel. Not my forte.

Lots of progress on house stuff - builder was here today which helps. Plan is to start the next phase mid-Oct, and he's going to finish the rest before then. Money will be vanishing out of my account very quickly.

Bulbs I ordered in July are being shipped. I hope they get here before I leave... there are a LOT.

have been eating crap. even fat jeans are feeling uncomfortable, so need to work out what I can wear while away from work and make sure I use the trip to get a lot of running and swimming in and try to avoid food issues.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I love all the food inspiration over here :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    DS2 much prefers someone else to do the work. DS1 who likes cooking (food and nutrition GCSE, hurrah!) doesn't like muffins either. I think its like making gravy, I don't like it much and don't want to taste it so I make rubbish gravy despite following instructions.

I've been generally avoiding meals, so on a new low weight wise but nutrition is very poor. Need to get a grip, trouble with eating from the freezer is that we have lots of things that I don't like. Which reminds me I'd better get something horrid out for dinner before I go.

Envious of the bulbs, but not the planting of them, I am a long way off seeing clear ground. Found and washed some overalls so I might try some bramble and nettle clearance tomorrow.

Paid thing today, and then home for more tedious.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Just ordered more bulbs :o
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I look forward to seeing pretty pictures of them in bloom!

I am not working now until next Wednesday, I'm a bit sore and a bit tired. I need to pace myself rather than do too much today. That said OH needs windscreen wipers for his car, his did not work well in the rain yesterday and he is off down the motorway tomorrow so that is urgent. There is a car parts place by the tip so I could combine the two jobs if I fill the car with yet more junk from the patio, and there is a nice big library in that town. The sun is vaguely shining and I could play in the garden, or I could start clearing the Dining Room of Doom.

Dinner will involve chicken, I did sausages and mash last night (yuck) and roasted a reduced chicken so that there was meat for packed lunches. Might do a green curry using one of my many 15p bart spice jars (MrM end of line), and a 25p tin of coconut milk (B&M, 4 for £1), with some of the cooked chicken, green beans from the freezer and the RTC courgettes from the fridge. Boys can have pasta.

Tedious 5.5/10
    Need to send my time sheet to agency
    £13 requested from PA
    £5 voucher requested from SB
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Take it easy today if you can. Play in the garden at least some of the time :)

You do great with using what you have food wise.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family