Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Risnog
    Risnog Posts: 19 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I believed a member of staff would approach us as I was told that would be the case by an easyJet member of staff.
    I've never been on an overbooked flight before so thought it'd be best just to follow instructions
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    The more I read about Easyjet Airlines and this overbooking they do, the less and less I want to fly with them. The reviews over on Trustpilot are shocking. I really hope you get this resolved as it sounds like a complete nightmare for you.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Risnog wrote: »
    I believed a member of staff would approach us as I was told that would be the case by an easyJet member of staff.
    I've never been on an overbooked flight before so thought it'd be best just to follow instructions

That's the thing you assumed it would happen.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Surely a case of involuntary denied boarding as they were not given valid boarding passes, regardless of what subsequently happened?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Surely a case of involuntary denied boarding as they were not given valid boarding passes, regardless of what subsequently happened?

Not if easyJet say they were told to present themselves at the gate and they didn't.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Vauban has his harsh hat on today ;)
    I think if the poster oresented themselves at the gate when the queue had gone, they had presented themselves.
    It would appear poster has done everything possible to try to resolve EJs negligence including going to airport day before, ringing useless customer services etc.
    Make a claim then possible go to court.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Maybe. But from the description of what happened I think they'll lose.

Did the OP check bags in? Because these would have had to be removed - which airlines hate doing. They normally work pretty hard to chase up missing passengers.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Got to agree JP, he can be a harsh task master:)

A bit more for consideration...

The op arrived early and presented themselves correctly for check in. The check in staff then added another layer of complexity by giving them a confusing and unnecessary run-around.

Were the PAX's informed of their rights in the prescribed way? It doesn't sound like it as they were wrongly told they would have to pay for the train to Stansted themselves. Were other passengers offered cash compensation to give up their seats and travel later, as is required by the regs? I doubt it.

These reasons alone would/could entitle the op to compensation.

The op was told that they were not given a valid boarding pass due to the flight being overbooked. Being offered a flight two days later is unrealistic and shows that the airline did not do everything it could to mitigate the delay. Another reason to win.

EJ selected the op for denied boarding even tho a child was also travelling, this could/should have been easily avoided. Not specifically against the regs but against the spirit I feel.

I believe that a well presented case put before a judge in England would win the day.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Risnog wrote: »

Whether you believe something or not you must always find out outright what you must do. I am sorry for your circumstances, but I would have been bugging them every 5 minutes to get on the aircraft!
  • Risnog
    Risnog Posts: 19 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    That's the thing you assumed it would happen.

I did what I was told, assumption aside
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure