Day trading penny stocks from UK

Sorry if this has been posted before. I am looking for an online broker to day trade International penny stocks. I have looked at Hargreaves Landsdown, they seem pretty good for AIM companies but not a lot for overseas.
I have looked at the popular US ones but most you have to be a US citizen, or pay $200+pm for your account.
Obviously I would like one with low cost on account opening/ transaction fee and little or no fee for currency conversion.

Any info appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The best place for you to lose your money on this ridiculous scheme would likely be TD Direct as once you've transferred your money from £ to $ you can keep it in $ as you buy and sell $ based stocks.

That way your money will last a few weeks longer before it's all gone.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Nr1991 wrote: »
    to day trade International penny stocks.
    That sounds really interesting. Will you let us know when you have made your first million so that we can all join in?
  • robber2
    robber2 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Given the wide bid /offer spread often associated with penny stocks any plan to day trade them is way beyond silly coming as it does with the absolute certainty that your money will be gone in no time.

Good luck
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    8ad1e795f82c529399d2d7738e570c49.jpg
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,592 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    le_loup wrote: »
    That sounds really interesting. Will you let us know when you have made your first million so that we can all join in?
    How to become a millionaire trading penny shares? Start with £2million....
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jimjames wrote: »
    How to become a millionaire trading penny shares? Start with £2million....

Boom Boom!

I know the old one's are the best, but that joke's got cobwebs on it! :D
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 February 2017 at 3:41PM
    I think you need to file some kind of Mergers and Acquisition Notice, if you go over some percentage of ownership. It would be funny if you bought a thousand pounds worth, and you get fined for not filing.
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Have a watch of 'Boiler Room' and 'Wolf of Wall Street'; they will give you some sound insights to the world of penny stocks.
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Beware of Bulletin Boards and rampers.
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Pincher wrote: »
    I think you need to file some kind of Mergers and Acquisition Notice, if you go over some percentage of ownership. It would be funny if you bought a thousand pounds worth, and you get fined for not filing.

Didn't this happen to some old lady who owned a hotel, her son, bought a small company, ended up owning a large portion of it, then she was forced to buy the rest of the shares from the other shareholders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure