IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Parking Charge at Hayes and Harlington Station

Comments

• Gooston
    Gooston Posts: 46 Forumite
    UPDATE 3: Received the following email from Ballymore Groups,

Dear (name),

Thank you for your letter regarding PCM at Station Approach, Hayes, Middlesex.

Can you please send me a scanned copy of the enforcement notice to enable me to look into this for you?

Kind regards

In the process of sending them the two parking notices issued as well as a copy of their contract
  • all very good , and I,m glad for you , but this will not stop them from scamming other people

when its cancelled and confirmed by the PPC , Baltimore group should be TOLD that they must pay a closer eye on there "staff" , as any further attempts to charge people may bounce back and hurt them .

if in the reply to the cancelation , they admit that there is a 10 min clause , frame it , publish it and let it be known for any court action
  • Gooston
    After I've sent this email providing the notices and contract I will wait for their reply and hope the notices have been cancelled. If they have I would very much like it if someone could help me with a response to Ballymore Group to help prevent this in the future for others.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,124
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gooston wrote: »
    After I've sent this email providing the notices and contract I will wait for their reply and hope the notices have been cancelled. If they have I would very much like it if someone could help me with a response to Ballymore Group to help prevent this in the future for others.
    I agree - it seems Ballymore Group are currently allowing a notorious scam to be played out every day. This is THEIR responsibility.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Timothea
    Timothea Posts: 177
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Timothea wrote: »
    I have made a planning enquiry and a planning complaint to the London Borough of Hillingdon.
    I have received a reply to my planning enquiry. There does not appear to be anything in the main planning consent conditions about dropping off or picking up passengers, but then it would be very unusual if there were. However, it could be buried in the Transport Plan, in other documents, in a later variation of the planning consent or as an informal memorandum.

My planning complaint has now been logged, so we'll have to see what happens with that. I suspect it will be a wild goose chase.
  • Gooston
    UPDATE 4: Dammit, I was trying to edit and deleted.....anyway, DVLA update.

DVLA sent a a reply which looks like they have not really read my complaint so I will send another email with the contract attached between PCM and Ballymore Group (hopefully it is read this time).
    No, reply from Ballymore Group CEO, so I have sent him a reminder today. If there is no reply by tomorrow/Thursday latest then I will send a letter to PCM refusing IAS and suggesting use of Ombudsman.

I have received a lot of private messages regarding this location and the same thing happening to you. Do not worry, I will continue with my updates as long as it takes.
  • Gooston
    edited 1 March 2017 at 2:05PM
    So now that I know how to do subheadings.....

Got a reply from the DVLA after I had requested what information did PCM provide when they stated that they had reasonable cause to obtain the information of the keeper of the vehicle. Attached in the email were 20 or so documents and in neither of them was there a copy of the contract between PCM and the landowner stating the 10 minute drop off period. The 'evidence' was a few pictures of the signs and the letters they had sent to the keeper. I am wondering if I should reply to the DVLA bringing up(for the third time) the contract between PCM and the landowner. I feel PCM attempting to hide the contact is rather suspect. Any suggestions?
  • Gooston
    Reading through it again, it seems the DVLA are also at fault for not taking the necessary steps to ensure that reasonable cause has been met. The way it is described to me, any individual would be able to get details of someone from the DVLA as long as they half some picture. The DVLA has taken no professional action here to ensure PCM have enough authority to obtain the keepers details: I've responded with the email below.

"Hi (DVLA employ),

Thank you for the information provided. However, looking through the 27 attachments it appears the the DVLA has not asked PCM about the scope of their authority on site. As they are employed by their landowner (Balleymore Group), they are obliged to follow the contract set by Balleymore Group, which they clearly have not. Could you please clear this up for me as I expected the DVLA to ensure that private information was not so easily accessible, however this does not appear the case.

Regards,

(Your name)"

If PCM want to take action I feel like I have taken the necessary steps to defend this in court. Incompetence shown by the DVLA may also mean there could possibly be a case against the DVLA. I don't really expect them to reply back with a justifiable reason.

I am happy for anyone to use the above email as a template if they wish to (first lodge a complaint to the DVLA against the PPC and ask what steps have the PPC have taken to ensure the is reasonable cause [to the DVLA]). If they have not shown reasonable cause to the DVLA and the keepers information is still released, then they could be in trouble themselves.
  • Gooston
    UPDATE 6: Sorry if the formatting is a bit weird, I'm on mobile.

So the keeper received 3 letter today from PCM. Two of these: https://imgur.com/a/1pDkv (one for each pcn)

And one laughable letter with one sentence saying "I have considered your case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal" with then proceeding to tell me about the IAS again.

Is there any point in me replying at this stage as they're just regurgitating the same things? I'd appreciate if anyone has time to look at the imgur link I posted.
  • kris007
    kris007 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 March 2017 at 5:22PM
    Hi Gooston,

I have been following this thread and first i would like to thank you and the other fellas for your informative responses. The line you mentioned: [I have considered your case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal with then proceeding to tell me about the IAS again] i believe this comes from their standard letter template.

My encounter with PCM: My parents received PCN (highpoint village) for dropping off somebody & were about to pay for a quick drop off where they left the premise in under a minute. PCN mentioned we were parked causing obstruction..bla bla bla!! Now i asked my dad before appealing to them whether he read the signs and he mentioned the signs are confusing and not easy to read from a moving car. I went there and inspected these signs myself and it is true. I also noticed that there is 'No Grace period' mentioned in one of there signs and since they are a member of independent parking committee (IPC) and should be following there rules i believe, which clearly states in their rule book and i quote:
    15. Grace Periods
    15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so
    they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
    15.2 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to leave a site after a pre-paid or
    permitted period of parking has expired.

You can check this online for yourself - IPC code of practice
    So aren't they in conflict with IPC let alone telling others of the contractual obligations?

Currently, I am appealing to IAS (as PCM rejected my initial appeal) and if IAS rejects me, i will be taking this to court. At this point its not about money, its about whats right! as i came across few others who are going with the same ordeal.
    Apologies for going on about this on your thread, i hope if there are others who can come forward with this & would be great in showing these crooks that they really need to cut it out!!
    :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport