IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Parking Charge at Hayes and Harlington Station

Comments

• Gooston
    Gooston Posts: 46 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2017 at 10:56AM
    Thank you so much for the help guys, I would be so lost at the moment without you lot.
    Timothea wrote: »
    Anyway, I have a suspicion that the ten-minute drop off and pick up time at Hayes and Harlington station is a condition of the planning permission granted to Ballymore (Hayes) Limited for the High Point Village development next to the station. Otherwise, why would Ballymore include those very precise terms in its contract with PCM UK?

The problem is that the original planning permission was approved on 11 November 2008, which is before planning applications were fully computerised. As a result, I can't access the documents on the hillingdon.gov.uk website. Time to make a planning enquiry, methinks.

Could you explain what this would mean exactly if your intuition is correct? Also, is it better to email or to post the letter that you drafted for me (the one that is aimed and the landowner)?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,110
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Gooston wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the help guys, I would be so lost at the moment without you lot.

Could you explain what this would mean exactly if your intuition is correct? Also, is it better to email or to post the letter that you drafted for me (the one that is aimed and the landowner?

Why not do both? Just add a line to each communication that you have done so.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake wrote: »
    Why not do both? Just add a line to each communication that you have done so.

Never thought of that. Good idea.
  • Dear Sirs/Chairman,

Your agent, Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd (PCM), is issuing large numbers of parking charge notices at Hayes and Harlington station to unsuspecting customers, in breach of its contract with you, by not allowing your customers to drop off / pick up passengers, even when it's only a matter of seconds. PCM then obtains the personal information of the vehicles' registered keepers from DVLA without reasonable cause and issues each of them with a £100 parking charge notice. This is exactly what has happened to me.

It is clear from your contract with PCM, which was revealed at a recent court hearing, that you wish to allow customers to be dropped off or picked up at Hayes and Harlington station. I therefore request that you instruct PCM to cease and desist from targeting your customers in this way. Please confirm to me that this has been done with 14 days.

PCM doesn't care about your customers, except to farm them for as much money as possible.

The Data Protection Act provides data subjects with a legal remedy when a data controller processes personal data unlawfully, by way of damages and compensation for distress. Recent case-law (i.e. Halliday -v- Creation Consumer Finance Limited [2013] EWCA) supports a quantum of £750 for a single breach of the Data Protection Act. As PCM is your agent, you are jointly and severally liable for its unlawful actions.

If PCM does not immediately cease and desist from processing my personal data, and cancel its penalty charge notice to me then I hereby give notice that I will commence legal action against PCM and you for compensation and damages, including punitive or exemplary damages. I would prefer not to do this but I will be left with little choice if you don't call off your dogs. The local MP, John McDonnell, is also aware of this situation.

Yours faithfully,

Would this slightly amended letter and email be okay to send of then? Just to be clear, I would be emailing it to [email protected] and posting it to (included the keepers contact details):

Ballymore United Kingdom
    161 Marsh Wall
    London
    E14 9SJ
    United Kingdom
  • Personally, I don't think the MP bit adds anything.

You should address it "To the Chairman" and mail it to:
    The Chairman
    Ballymore Group
    161 Marsh Wall
    LONDON
    E14 9SJ
  • Timothea
    Timothea Posts: 177
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gooston wrote: »
    Could you explain what this would mean exactly if your intuition is correct?
    I have made a planning enquiry and a planning complaint to the London Borough of Hillingdon.

If my intuition is correct then it is likely that Hillingdon will (eventually) tell Ballymore to abide by the planning consent conditions, which should put a stop to this scam. Council planning departments can prosecute offenders but they never do; they just use the threat of prosecution to persuade the offender to stop offending.

If this happens, anyone who has fallen victim to this scam could launch a DPA claim against PCM UK and Ballymore. It would be nice to think that thousands of people would do this, but that's not likely.
  • Gooston
    Gooston Posts: 46 Forumite
    Email has been sent to Ballymore Group, letter will be sent tomorrow. Now I have to wait and see if I get a response from them, I will continue with the updates whenever I get them
  • UPDATE: So today the keeper of the vehicle received ANOTHER parking charge notice from PCM (at the same location) with a new PCN number. Do I appeal this as well and do I appeal this in the same manner as the first?

First one was dated on 07/02/17, this new one is dated 09/02/17
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Yes .
  • Quentin wrote: »
    Yes .
    Thanks, I'll do that now. The station was used on Friday as well so, possibly, they could still send one more....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure