IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET services PCN help

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I am told by the driver that the ticket was on display and I have been given the actual ticket as proof.

Please supply photographic evidence that there was no ticket on display in order that I can consider this matter further.
  • They have taken photos of the car all around but the ticket was on the floor and conveniently there is no photo of it on the floor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    This would have been so much easier if you had simply appealed when advised to, in October, within 28 days of the NTK. But at least this pseudo 'penalty' times out after six months, in early March. Sit tight, or reply to string it out longer, using the question posed by Guys Dad (and NOT implying who actually parked/was driving, of course).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yeah I appreciate it would have been easier. Wasn't a great time for it all to happen due to family reasons but that's another story.

So you are saying that once it has been longer than 6 months they can't legally chase you for parking charge notice? Do you recommend I reply to the debt company or MET parking?

Thanks for your help.
  • Coupon-mad
    No, I am saying after six months they can't pursue a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE.

Reply to both with a few questions, that will string it out. DO NOT imply who parked.
  • dcdubber87
    dcdubber87 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2017 at 6:51PM
    I have sent both the parking company and debt recovery company a letter asking for proof of no ticket displayed. So does the fact the debt company have referred to it as a penalty notice instead of what it actually is ' a parking charge notice' mean they do not have a leg to stand on?
  • Coupon-mad
    Have they? And was the PCN not a 'penalty charge'? Show us the debt collector letter saying that it was a penalty.

To show a link to a photo on tinypic or where-ever you host it, cover your name & address and the PCN/VRN numbers and then show us the URL: BROKEN, i.e. change http to hxxp.
  • I think this is what you mean.

here is the intial notice
    hxxp://i63.tinypic.com/11v66iv.jpg

The reminder
    hxxp://i67.tinypic.com/2cglj4y.jpg

And the debt letter with penalty notice
    hxxp://i63.tinypic.com/25f7xox.jpg
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I have read online that the Section 219 Transport Act 2000 has been repealed in full. and replaced with 2005 legislation.

Check here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/14/schedule/13/part/1/prospective So I think their chances of pursuing you under that are nil!

Also, they can't clamp you for previous transgressions but probably can if they catch you without a ticket again.

But as this is under byelaws, only the landowner can pursue this and a 6 month statute of limitations is in force.

But look - I am not the best legally qualified to help you here and I suspect some others better informed will advise shortly. Stick around.
  • dcdubber87
    dcdubber87 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2017 at 10:02PM
    Thanks for your help, its all very much appreciated, so with that kind of info, if 100% correct do you just leave it as it is? or get in contact with them stating a statement like you have mentioned?

How can organisations like this go about enforcing tickets with out of date legislations being quoted? I for one wouldnt have a clue if it was up to date or not without your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure