KKO Mobile charges ???

Comments

• Hi all

First time user. Thanks for providing all the useful information about these scammers. I am red hot after seeing that I have lost £18 in the last month and as you are all mentioned, 3network not being very helpful.

I have joined 3 only few months ago after being a long time customer with vodafone and I moved to 3 network for saving £2 off from my bill and I regret that decision.

My concern is how come these scammers can play with the normal middle class hard working people and they are not accountable.

And this is happening only with 3 network. what that suggest then?

I have called the MyDoo number on 08458341119 and waiting for the text confirmation. I can't believe this is happening in UK

So in my case the £18 is gone down the sink, isn't it? 3 said they can't refund. So is there any way to get the money back? I am happy to go to Small claims court. But I have not been there before.

So any advice any one please.

Matheen
  • Same thing happend to daughter. Contacted 3 they were as useful as a chocolate teapot. When asked to speak to their complaints department was told they would ring me back in 24 hours!!!

Does anyone have a number for any management at 3??

She apparently subscribed on 31/8 according to them. All she got was an unsolicited text message on 12th November which she ignored thinking it was spam. Contacted the 0845 number - useless. Also contacted the so called regulator who were also useless. Have now sent this email

complaint

I contacted yourselves about an unauthorised subscription for a product called X ray which was supposedly subscibed on 31/8/11. An unsolicited text message was received from you on 12/11/11 stating my daughter was subscribed and to text a number to unsubscribe. Assuming this was a scam, because nothing has been subscribed to,ignored the txt message. You have subsequently charged 4.50 a week to the phone account. This service was not asked for, permission was not given by myself (the bill payer) according to your terms and conditions I quote
    Conditions

You must be over 18 (eighteen) and have permission from the bill payer to use this Service.

As I the bill payer did not authorise this - you are taking monies fraudulently from this account. I expect refund of said monies within 14 days of this communication or further action will be taken, and appropriate regulatory bodies informed of this fraud

Will let you all know what comes of this. Not holding out much hope though.
  • Hi all! Same thing here. Only been with 3 for 2 months and I noticed a charge on my ebill for £9.99 so contacted 3 Customer Services to query what it was for. Given the same run around as everybody else, however they stated they would start an investigation after I spent 30 mins trying to make them understand I have not subscribed to or used any third party services. 3 it seems are happy for third party vendors to apply charges onto their customers accounts without any consent. I have emailed the David Dyson address above and sent a email to BBC Watchdog, hopefully if we can get enough people complaining then something may be done about it! My biggest concern is most people have been charged £4.50, however I was charged £9.99, is this Cellfish (or whoever) upping the ante before they are closed down?
  • I also got a copy of the above email ajazabar got

this is my reply

Sir

You state that a subscription was don from my mobile phone on 31/3/11 by clicking on a banner. I did not click on any banner and think I would have noticed being redirected to a page to pay for a service I did not require then to accept that service. The only text I have had from you was dated 12/11/11 and stated that to unsubscribe I had to text a number. As I had NOT subscribed to anything I ignored it as spam.

I assume that you can print off a hard copy of my acceptance to this supposed service proving that I did authorize you to take monies from me. If not, I can only assume that this has been done fraudulently, without my authority, and demand the total amount taken to be repaid.

On searching for information about your company I found I am not the only one you and the service provider ‘3’ have scammed in this way. If I don’t get a satisfactory result from you, I will be joining the others in taking legal action against yourselves and ‘3’

I have also sent an e mail to CEO of 3 and had a heated discussion with yet another foreign call center member

Will let you know if I get any luck - maybe we should band together and threaten them on mass
  • I noticed charges from KKO on my 3 contract bill in November, £4.50 a week. I had not subscriber to anything.

I called up 3 and complained and basically said that I wanted a refund and I wanted it cancelled. The 'customer service' guy said that I had subscriberd to something and I needed to call the 0845 number to unsubscribe. I said I shouldnt have to phone anyone up to unsubscribe to something I hadnt subscriberd to in the first place. In the end, I threatened to cancel my subscription with them after he refused to put me through to a supervisor. Then the call finished, I called back and took the option where you are thinking of cancelling. Eventually they agreed to refund that month but said I needed to call the 0845 number but they would also credit me another small amount to cover the 0845 number. So, ok, after over 30 mins. conversation I had got refund of the charges. I called the 0845 number and cancelled my 'subscription'.

Then today, I get an SMS telling my new 3 bill is ready. I check it and there is another 4 weeks charges from KKO Mobile. I call 3 again ballistic. Again they agree to refund it after another 20 minute conversation, and the customer service calls the KKO 0845 number to unsubscribe me again while im listening.

How can this be legal??!?!?
  • After sending an email to 3 through their website, (don't bother ringing) they did call me and after six weeks they finally admitted that MyDoo aka KKO Mobile are a fraudulent company and managed to stop the charges. (£27 by the time it stopped). They cancelled my direct debit so that I could pay manually the amount actually owed and said they would credit a future bill with the fraudulent charges so that the direct debit could be re-established.

Time will tell whether this all goes through smoothly but a lot of time has been wasted on it.

My advice is not to give up on this but do not ring them. You only get an operator so far down the food chain to the point of being useless. An email gets elevated up to the right level. Do mention fraud in your email as this is what it is.

Good luck.
  • Simon2502
    Simon2502 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 January 2012 at 8:11PM
    I have just looked at my phone bill from Vodafone to find charges of £4.50 per week for purchase. Not knowing what they were for I contacted Vodafone to find out. They told me they were down loads which I knew nothing about :mad:. Vodafone have barred this company from taking any more of my hard earned cash & put a credit on my account, but for the full amount.
    How can companies do this without proper authorisation?
    Surely this is theft!!

I have tried calling the numbers on the forum with no joy.
    Has anyone got any other ways of contacting these robbing gits?

Simon
  • Hi have you got the email address or address i can contact these robbing gits.

Thanks

Simon
  • janehogg wrote: »
    I also got a copy of the above email ajazabar got

this is my reply

Sir

You state that a subscription was don from my mobile phone on 31/3/11 by clicking on a banner. I did not click on any banner and think I would have noticed being redirected to a page to pay for a service I did not require then to accept that service. The only text I have had from you was dated 12/11/11 and stated that to unsubscribe I had to text a number. As I had NOT subscribed to anything I ignored it as spam.

I assume that you can print off a hard copy of my acceptance to this supposed service proving that I did authorize you to take monies from me. If not, I can only assume that this has been done fraudulently, without my authority, and demand the total amount taken to be repaid.

On searching for information about your company I found I am not the only one you and the service provider ‘3’ have scammed in this way. If I don’t get a satisfactory result from you, I will be joining the others in taking legal action against yourselves and ‘3’

I have also sent an e mail to CEO of 3 and had a heated discussion with yet another foreign call center member

Will let you know if I get any luck - maybe we should band together and threaten them on mass
    Hi Have you got the email / postal address for these robbing gits
  • I laregly foillowed the same advice as above. txt'd STOP to 61937. Rang the 0845 number for cellfish and deregistered. Emailed [EMAIL="Supportuk@kkomobile.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL] and got the same response as janehogg and ajazabar above. Don't remember get a txt message confirmation, so replied;

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Can you please tell me the date, time and number that the confirmation text was sent from, as I will be checking this with my network operator.

If these details cannot be verified, then I will again ask for all monies to be refunded.

Yours Sincerley

To which (5 mins later) I got the following reply;

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have investigated your situation and have come to the conclusion that due to a technical error you did not receive the confirmation text on time. You are therefore entitled to a full refund of 144£ .
    In order to process your refund we will need your full name and postal address.

Nice! So maybe worth giving that a go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport