KKO Mobile charges ???

Comments

• Just received KKO Mobile's smug response to my last email (they know exactly what they're doing):
    Dear Mrs *!

We still refuse refund.

Best Regards
    KKO Mobile
    Customer Service

PS
    You stated
    "Credit cards have some security, and it seems there were no secure procedures in place for these charges to be taken with the right permissions."

You couldn't be more right and talk to your operator about this issue. Your operator gives children a simcard and takes no responsibility what so ever, but let the parents find out how this complicated world is working.
    The mobilenet is like a virtuel shoppingcenter and simcard is the creditcard with no limits.
    Angela
  • this is the web site that the Cellfish affiliate/client is using
    http://mydoo-international.com/en/index.html

you can't find anything from the contact on the English sit but if you look at the Spanish facing site
    http://mydoo-international.com/es/index.html
    at legal
    http://mydoo-international.com/es/legal.html
    Contacto

Por e-mail : [email protected]
    Por tel!fono : 901 667 709
    (El coste de llamada equivale al de una de !mbito nacional desde una l!nea fija. Desde un m!vil puede variar.)
    so why is this guy using the same Spanish number
    http://lanzarotelocations.com/?pageno=14&pid=28&dopt=curr
    Further Details

We can arrange up to 100% finance on any of the properties displayed on this site. Call Belgravia Consultants UK Limited on 0844-202 2000(UK), 01-514 3965 (Ireland), or 901667709 (Spain) or email [email protected] Lanzarote Locations is a trading style of Belgravia Consultants UK Limited Registered at 145-157 St. John St, London EC1V 4PY. No:6933654. Belgravia Consultants UK Limited are not Mortgage Brokers and act as introducers only. Where we are asked to arrange finance our charges are fee based and vary from case to case.
    Company Name:
    BELGRAVIA CONSULTANTS UK LIMITED

Company No:06933654
    Registered Office:
    Incorporated:15/06/2009
    BELGRAVIA CONSULTANTS UK LIMITED
    145-157 ST. JOHN STREET
    LONDON
    ENGLAND
    EC1V 4PY

DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MR SIMON PATRICK GOLD / 28/04/2011
    Domain name:
    belgraviaconsultants.co.uk

Registrant:
    Simon Gold

Trading as:
    Tarot Ireland

Registrant type:
    UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
    Druids Rest
    Roscommon
    Ballinagare
    0 000
    Ireland
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/simon-gold/24/2a4/239
    Simon Gold
    Irelands Leading Astrologer & Tarot Master at Tarot Ireland
    Ireland Entertainment
    Current
    Irelands Leading Astrologer & Tarot Master at Tarot Ireland

Simon Gold's Summary

Simon Gold has long been regarded as Ireland’s foremost Astrologer & Tarot Reader. Simon is an internationally renowned Clairvoyant who has appeared on RTE, Channel 4, and Dublin’s FM104. He has also been featured in The Sunday Times Magazine, London Evening Standard, International Herald Tribune & the Sunday Express Magazine. He is a gifted psychic with a loyal following in Ireland and has been a practicing clairvoyant in the United Kingdom, South Africa & Ireland since 1992.

Simon comes from a long line of professional clairvoyants. The psychic line spans 7 generations of his family and there are currently 5 family members who are professional clairvoyants. Simon’s style of reading the Tarot is direct and honest. He is guided by the cards and can be counted upon to give an honest and accurate reading even if sometimes the news is not good.

Specialties
    Astrologer. Tarot Master. Medium. Parapsychic.
  • alexbh
    alexbh Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 December 2011 at 1:10PM
    Hi all,

I too have been scammed by these idiots at KKO Mobile. I noticed charges of £4.71 on my bill at the weekend and i have an all inclusive 'One Plan' with 3 UK so i knew something was up. Luckily i noticed it as soon as they started trying to make these charges. I spoke to a 3 customer services call centre and discovered the charges were set up by KKO Mobile and they were going to take £4.50 per week from me. It is simply outrageous as i have never requested or have had any interest whatsoever in receiving what appears to be a tacky amateur downloads service which appears to be designed and set up to rip people off. I reported to the the customer services department at 3 but they would not refund the £4.71 to my account even though i have never requested this service or received any texts to suggest or anything else from this company ever. I was then advised to contact KKO Mobile and ask them to cancel the services, why should i have to cancel a service i have never requested? Anyway they said they would cancel the service but refused to refund the £4.71. I do not trust this company whatsoever, just by putting their name into Google it is clear to see they are fraudsters and are stealing from people. I have asked for 3 to put a block on my account so that no further charges can be taken from these thieves! I suggest any other customers having the same problem should also put blocks on their accounts whilst they are being investigated. I am also taking up the complaint with the 3 UK Chief Executive Office, i suggest that any other people who have been hit by these scammers, who are on the 3 network, also contact the chief executive at 3 UK so we can all bring a quick end to companies like this ripping loyal customers off. The 3 UK's chief executive is David Dyson and his email address is: [EMAIL="david.dyson@three.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL]. Hopefully we can all put an end to this ASAP!

Thanks

ABH
  • AMUK786
    AMUK786 Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    alexbh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I too have been scammed by these idiots at KKO Mobile. I noticed charges of £4.71 on my bill at the weekend and i have an all inclusive 'One Plan' with 3 UK so i knew something was up. Luckily i noticed it as soon as they started trying to make these charges. I spoke to a 3 customer services call centre and discovered the charges were set up by KKO Mobile and they were going to take £4.50 per week from me. It is simply outrageous as i have never requested or have had any interest whatsoever in receiving what appears to be a tacky amateur downloads service which appears to be designed and set up to rip people off. I reported to the the customer services department at 3 but they would not refund the £4.71 to my account even though i have never requested this service or received any texts to suggest or anything else from this company ever. I was then advised to contact KKO Mobile and ask them to cancel the services, why should i have to cancel a service i have never requested? Anyway they said they would cancel the service but refused to refund the £4.71. I do not trust this company whatsoever, just by putting their name into Google it is clear to see they are fraudsters and are stealing from people. I have asked for 3 to put a block on my account so that no further charges can be taken from these thieves! I suggest any other customers having the same problem should also put blocks on their accounts whilst they are being investigated. I am also taking up the complaint with the 3 UK Chief Executive Office, i suggest that any other people who have been hit by these scammers, who are on the 3 network, also contact the chief executive at 3 UK so we can all bring a quick end to companies like this ripping loyal customers off. The 3 UK's chief executive is David Dyson and his email address is: [email protected] or [email protected]. The 3 UK Chief executive office phone number is: 08433 733 330. Hopefully we can all put an end to this ASAP!

Thanks

ABH

Don't Expect blocks on the network account to work as they can only block network charges i.e. games or purchases from Three's own download site. These charges are from Third Party sites and therefore Three have no control whatsoever on the charge. The charge will automatically appear on your bill.

I have just had words with the customer support who basically called me incompetent and that I shouldn't have a phone. I was told to email [email protected] - I doubt very much that they will take any notice. Three Network are useless as well as they apparently cannot stop these charges. Will be waiting to see if I get charged again - if so will have to threaten to take Three to small claims.
  • I am on 3 Mobile and have had the same problem. Got a txt that said I has subscribed to the KKOMobile service and obviously I hadn't. The txt said to send STOP to 61932 which I have done. I have also phoned them and left a voice mail (apparently they're only open 10:00 - 18:00). I have also emailed cellfishmedia [EMAIL="hotline@and"]and[/EMAIL] the kkomobile support and also sent a message through the mydoo website.

I also intend to phone them tomorrow morning on 08458341119. Like most people I guess I won't know if it's been cancelled or not until I next see my bill. I phoned 3 and asked them to block it and they said they couldn't, they can only block outbound premium numbers and have no control over other companies charging to my account, which I find astonishing. They did say that they have had many people phoning over KKOMobile but they were a genuine company and I should have no problem cancelling it. Well we'll see about that. The operator from 3 was totally patronishing, basically saying I have probably signed up to it by mistake

I'm encouraged that people seem to have at least been able to cancel the "service", although i'm not expecting to get my money back. Luckily they have only charged me once.

Shaun
  • I would love to provide the email addresses and websites so other people can contact the scammers, but this website won't allow me to because i'm a new user.
  • Just a quick update,

I phoned the company (cellfishmedia) this morning. There call menu has a cancellation option which I selected and then entered my number. It said I will receieve a cancellation confirmation SMS within 24 hours, so I'll wait and see if I get that. If I don't then I'll be calling them back and speaking to someone this time.

Shaun
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    ARGHHHH !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!!!! !@#$%^%$#@#

I noticed today a charge of £4.50 on my mobile phone bill ... I enquired with my phone company 3 who told me it was a mydoo subscription? :mad: !!!!!! ???????? And payment was taken via payforit service?????????:mad: WHO?????????????

I have never subscribed to any company for anything and do not know this company ....

3 have said that they will take that charge from my account ... but i'll check tomorrow to make sure.

WHAT IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION NOW?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • I've just been bitten by the theiving b******ds. I'm angry like the rest of you. Just gonna follow the steps suggested..already texted stop as recommended by the customer service guy from three and have rung the 0845 number and left a message. Also emailed the Chief Executve of Three.
  • ajazakbar wrote: »
    I've just been bitten by the theiving b******ds. I'm angry like the rest of you. Just gonna follow the steps suggested..already texted stop as recommended by the customer service guy from three and have rung the 0845 number and left a message. Also emailed the Chief Executve of Three.

Just got the following email from their support team :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

According to our database, a subscription was done from your mobile phone.

This subscription happened on 16.12.2011 18:31:29 .

You received a confirmation text message afterwards.

You can get more detailed information about our products on [

The subscription gives you 5 weekly credits for GBP 4,5, which means you can download 5 products per week from our website.

It's impossible for us to know exactly which banner you clicked on because they are rotated randomly throughout the day.

After clicking you were redirected to a page where the name of the service and its price were displayed at the top of the screen.

In order to confirm your purchase order you passed through a double opt-in process using the Payforit service.

Payforit is the payment service, supported by all licensed UK mobile operators, designed to make it easy to pay for cost services on the mobile phone

Whenever you want to purchase content, you will be presented with a standard Payforit screen that includes clear information on the content/service you are buying, the merchant you are buying from and how much it will cost you.

Once you authorize the payment by pressing ‘Pay Now’ or ‘Subscribe’, a payment request goes directly to your mobile operator for validation.

On our billing page it clearly states that it is a 4,5 GBP per week subscription.

Your mobile number/SIM card initiated the subscription, and we have followed the industry regulations in order to make the service as clear as possible, by sending you a text message confirming your subscription.

For this reason you are unfortunately not eligible for a refund. However, your subscription has been terminated and you will not get charged any further.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

KKO Mobile

I've emailed them back with a mild threat of legal action and awaiting a reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure