KKO Mobile charges ???

Comments

• Hi - I got a refund from 3 (well... they have promised to refund the
    £4.50 by deducting it from my next bill - will wait till I see it for real)
  • My daughter has been getting these charges for 9 weeks. I have phoned Vodafone 3 times and am getting nowhere, robbing b******. How can they be allowed to get away with this, I am actually considering cancelling the phone contract to get rid of them.
  • Phone number for KKO mobile is 0845 834 1119. Call them to get the service stopped. I am getting back onto Vodafone to see a bout a refund on previous charges. Will update the post if I get anywhere.
  • Just got the last months charges refunded - £27 by Vodafone, based on the fact that I phoned them 3 times and each time they told me the service would be stopped and no more charges would be incurred.

MARTIN - this is a licensed scam programme that enables these shady operators to hit non-tech-savvy consumers with charges for "services" they don't realise they are being charged for and provide ZERO value. There needs to be better controls in place for subscription, cancellation and complaints. Good campaign material??
  • have noticed 4 payments for 4.50/week on my daughter's phone. contacted service provider - 3 - and have cancelled the payments (£18) as a long standing customer and asked them to inv this number. i will try and contact the bogus number. failing this i will request a new mob number from 3. Will this put an end to the scammers taking the payment thru payforit OR can the scammers still get payment thru payforit?? on my new mob number? Will try and keep people updated on this. Previous posts have been helpful. thanks.
  • I first spotted their £4.50 charge and phoned 3 to find out what it was. They said they couldn't and had to wait until my bill. Following week, another £4.50 charge. Phoned 3 again, same response but got a block put on my phone to avoid extra charges.

Emailed 3 and this time someone called me and started an investigation. After several calls 3 admitted "Mydoo" was the company and that they were fraudulent. Was told my charges would be refunded and my number had been taken off Mydoo's list. As the matter was resolved the block was taken off my phone. However when checking the next day to see if the charges had been removed, MyDoo managed to charge me another £4.50.

Can't seem to stop them. I didn't subscribe, never received any information from them. It was only after complaining by email that 3 told me what the company was when strangely they couldn't before.

Got a feeling this will run and run.
  • jtquiz wrote:
    I first spotted their £4.50 charge and phoned 3 to find out what it was. They said they couldn't and had to wait until my bill
    The Networks are the ones who are debiting their customers accounts and it is the Networks who are passing money on (after pocketing their '~50%') to others.

If they didn't know what or who it was how did they manage this.

I would be spitting red hot rivets if my Network was thieving from my account.
  • I have also become one of the 'victims' of this scam. I have literally just received an email saying I have subscribed to this service and been charged £4.50. I haven't subscribed to anything and I have no interest in whatever service these scammers purport to provide. How is it that this company can just 'pick-up' your details and start charging you. I have not investigated the matter yet, but I will. Having read other peoples comments about this scam, I have noticed that the 3 network is the one that is mentioned everytime and spookily enough I am with the 3 Network as well. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has picked up on this common denominator. I'll be speaking to 3 tomorrow.
  • Just got it twenty minutes ago and the phone has been in bag since the afternoon. I thought it was a scam so deleted it off the phone, then thought I would google it and found this forum. Checked online bill and yes, there is a £4.50 charge but I can't see any details for it. Waiting for tomorrow as 3 customer service closed after 10pm.

It's unbelievable that this market is not regulated and you wonder why 3 have not stopped what ever company it is from trading with them and using their services.

Called the number suggested in this forum and will hope to get 3 to refund the amount tomorrow.

There must be somewhere we can get this looked into 0 who knows how many more customers are still being affected!

Maybe an e-petition or BBC Watchdog can investigate - or even Martin Lewis would be better - after all, this is removing all the good work we money savers are doing.
  • I have also been scammed by this company. I have absolutely no recollection of signing up to their services. I do recall getting a text message from Cellfish but deleted it immediately as I thought it was just spam. It's a French company and I'm wondering if it was a coincidence that I had just come back from holiday in France?! Is that also the case for anyone else?

Unfortunately I haven't been on top of my bills like I usually am, so have been charged £50 over the last 3 months. After complaining to Three and threatening to cancel my contract they have refunded me one months worth of charges. I do really feel that the Network providers need to take responsibility for this kind of thing being allowed to happen.

KKO Mobile told me I should treat my SIM card like a credit card. I had no idea money could just be taken if a company had just my mobile number. That's not like a credit card at all, there's no security provided through the PAYFORIT system at all. No PINS, no secure codes, passwords, it doesn't even require you to type in your mobile number. PAYFORIT's policy is that it's for payments under £10, but if a company starts deducting this from your bill every day, then before you even receive your next bill you could be £300 in debt, which is just not acceptable.

Something really needs to be done about this as I normally consider myself to be quite savvy in this department but I wasn't even aware these charges could be made in this way. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure