KKO Mobile charges ???

Comments

• I have just discovered today that I have been paying £4.50 per week for the last 6 weeks, from these fraudsters. I have spoken to Payforit , and my service provider Three, neither of whom were of any assistance in getting the charges refunded, although did get the "subscriptiuon" stopped via payforit They claim that I subscrtibed to this service, but , as I am an IT engineer, of 40 years of age, my interestr in subscribing to a games, and .ringtone service is exactly nil, and not something I would ever do. Further I too , received no notification of the " subscription" , not by text nor any other means - only foundout about it when seeing why my bill was higher than it used to be.

Bottonm line - thyese guys are thieving [EMAIL="*&$£!!@*s"]*&$£!!@*s[/EMAIL] , and I will gladly join any campaign tio do something about them. Ideas on a postcard ( so to speak ) .......

Fuming. Only last week I had to deal with a similar situation with my stepsons mobile ( the kids were away at the time they claim the subscription was requested, so not them ), which was even worse - at £10 PER MESSAGE!!! With instantly 3 messages being sent through to his phone in 2 minutes. In the end it transpired that he had clicked on something out of interest which had automatically turned into a subscription request , so little choice but to stop the service , which he did immediately, and , unfortunatleyu , shell out - albeit very unwittingly the ridiculous amount of money - as he had in facft visited the website in question , and so there was a degree of culpability there, on his part. This situation , however is entirely different , in that there was never any request for subscription , nor any confirmation text, and yet they have been taking money from my account. Livid.

kkomobile.co.uk is owned by MyDoo , addrtess 60270 Auver Villiers, 93534, La Plaine, France. They will be receiving quite a bit of mail from me, rest assured. Meanwhile , I can only urge people to keep a close eye on their bills, as it seems that these services , such as "payforit" etc , have no inclination to inform you of their grubby little fraud. Nor , in fact, can the service providers do anything about them, so they would have us believe. I am going to take this right up the chain at Three, and also have a natter with trading standards, ofcom and watchdog, but long and short of it is I am prewtty much bound to pay the amount incurred thus far - despite never having downloaded a single thing from them, nor subscribing to theuir service, nor receiving confirmation of any such supposed subscription.....

I would laugh, but.....

We are not , I mean, really NOT, amused:mad:
  • Sorry - I should also have mentioned this earlier for anyone else who needed to cancel their , ahem, subscription.... 08458341119 is the number for payforit - they are the only people who can stop the service , apparently - Don't rely on STOP messages - too easy for them to deny receipt of, on their own, make sure both Payforit and your service provider are informed of your wish to stop the damn thing.

;) ( yes - trying to be calm about it, now..)
  • shellieanne30
    shellieanne30 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 14 October 2011 at 3:38PM
    Not very happy!
    I too have realised only today that i have been paying an adittional £4.50 a week on top of my usual bill, i have recieved no sms confirmation of the so called subscription nor have i recieved any services from this service provider. :mad:
  • today i received a txt from KKO Mobile letting me know that they woudl be charging me £4.50 per week. No idea what i did that meant that i had signed up to this "service". I have txted STOP to the number quoted in the txt and dialed 08458341119 as suggested by circus digital (thanks). I also called my service provider (3), partly to let off steam about the fact that a 3rd party company can charge my mobile phone account without me explicity authorising 3 network to allow this payment to be made. I was informed that the actions that i have taken "usually" stop the charges - i would have appreciated a little more certainty. I was also told that the only option for stopping any other 3rd party charges would be to place a cap on the charges to my account, but that this would also mean that i could not make any calls outside my allowance (calls home from abroad, for example). I am astonished that there is no facility to allow me to opt out of allowing 3rd party charges to my account.
  • My younger sister (she's 22) is having this same exact problem. She had a £9 extra charge on her bill last month, but didn't think anything of it - she thought she must have used a few picture messages and a bit of extra internet allowance or something. However, this month an extra £18 charge was added to her bill, so we checked it out and it's for a "PayForIt Service" which she never signed up to. It's charging £4.50 a week.

On calling Three, they said they couldn't do anything about it - couldn't cancel it, couldn't refund it - but gave us the name of the company, which is MyDoo, and also a phone number to call (08458341119, which from circus digital's post seems to be PayForIt's number rather than the fraudulent company). These details also appear on the bill. They told us that to cancel the service, we needed to text STOP to the number we received a confirmation text from when the service was signed up to - problem is, the service was NOT signed up to and there is NO text from them.

The plan is to phone PayForIt, maybe Phonepayplus, and certainly Three again in order to cancel the "subscription" and get refunded. My reason for posting is so that others who are in the same boat may know how to go about getting their money back (providing I'm successful) and so I can let you know how I get on with getting the scammers shut down (or at least taken off the PayForIt register).
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Pay for it is completed unregulated by Ofcom or payphoneplus - its a company the big 5 set up, tell your operator these charges are tangible to FRAUD via email as your operator allowed them to go unlicenced via a 20% stake in PayFORit...the name itself states all 5 big telcos position.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Hi, it appears I also subscribed to KKO Mobile service, without knowing anything about it. I received a text on 23 Sep, from
    KKOMobile, saying I had subscribed (while driving to work!). I thought it was spam just trying to get hold of "real" people, so
    ignored it - but did call the payforit number (08458341119) from a landline and unsubscribe. Still got charged £4.50 though, but only found out on checking my october bill online yesterday. BTW I am with 3 mobile. I then sent "Stop" text to the KKOMobile number - 61973. emailed KKO, and had a reply this morning - saying more or less tough luck, we have charged you.
    They maintain someone subscribed, and the email infers it could be a child (it often happens). Looking at their terms and conditions, condition 2 says
    'The subscriber must be over 18, and have the permission of the billpayer to use this service'.
    It could be that my four year old subscribed (playing angry birds...) but he certainly isn't over 18, and can't read to boot!
    I have filed a complaint with phonepayplus, in the hope this will be sorted. pity someone can't launch an action on their website.
  • Hi, just stumbled across this thread after noticing my O/H phone bill being high on my bank statement. Basically been charged around £80 over the last 5 months from a company called MYdoo, phoned up the number given to me by 3 to cancel the "phantom" subscription. Just wanting to know if any one:
    A) Managed to get there money back
    B) Upon ringing the automated number to cancel, was that the end of it? no more bills?

Thanks.
  • I to have these bar strew ards robbing me on three network.

Spent 30 mins onto 3 and getting nowhere.

I am on one plan with them so cant stop these charges.........

I am disabled and on low income, these %$$%£ could mean my phone now get disconnected as cant afford the add on cost to my £30 monthly 3 bill...
  • I've the same text this morning and have been charged £4.50 on my account with 3. I've rang them and told them to stop all 3rd party charges so they've basically closed my account down so I can only make calls that are allowed within my bundle (300 call minutes) and no premium number calling. I've rang the number they gave me for PAYFORIT and cancelled the subscription there as I can't seem to send a STOP text from my phone. Bloody angry that I've been charged for a service that have not consented or contracted to by way of text,app or game download. I may phone 3 back up and ask them to re-imburse me the charge or even threaten to cancel my contract( not really fussed on that seeing as the reception is truly awful).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure