How to get to Heathrow from Kings Cross

Hi

Can anyone advise me on the best way to get from Kings Cross to Heathrow airport. I get into Kings Cross at 7:30pm with my 11 year old daughter and 2 suitcases. I don't really want to take the tube. Does anyone know how much a taxi will be to Heathrow. Or even to Paddington as I think I can get the Heathrow connect from there. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Any reason for no tube travel? The quickest way would be:

Quickest way ; heathrow express -> paddington
    Circle / Met line from paddington -> Kings X

If you can't get the tube, think of it more as 'how to get from paddington to Kings X'
  • Katy_W
    Katy_W Posts: 99 Forumite
    Hi

My daughter doesn't really like the tube, would it be expensive to get to Paddington not using the tube.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Look at the Heathrow Connect service

Travel Toolkit for London has the other options
  • Heathrow connect is a train.. not the underground. It's a bit expensive, but it's really quick (15 mins) and a really nice train - not busy, decent seats

I work next to Paddington station and know it pretty well

You could get the 390 bus from Paddington to Kings cross (42 mins) or just hop in a taxi.
  • Katy_W
    Katy_W Posts: 99 Forumite
    Thanks for everyone's help
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Heathrow connect is a train.. not the underground. It's a bit expensive, but it's really quick (15 mins) and a really nice train - not busy, decent seats

I work next to Paddington station and know it pretty well

You could get the 390 bus from Paddington to Kings cross (42 mins) or just hop in a taxi.

It takes 25 minutes. The HEX does the journey in 15 minutes

She has two suitcases :confused:
  • dzug
    dzug Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    Remember that the tube to Heathrow is above ground for a lot of the journey.

It is a lot cheaper as well - £4 each. It will be at least that for a taxi to Paddington, plus an expensive rail fare on top.
  • The tube does take ages - about 60 minutes, but it is cheap as a previous poster said, and faffing about with a cab etc to paddington will take just as long. That time in the morning the tube will be fairly quiet too.
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure