Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikkio16
    • By Nikkio16 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Nikkio16
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016
    • 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016 6th Apr 16 at 10:26 AM
    Well... It's that time of year again!

Thought I'd start a thread after last years long wait for repayments, hopefully we will receive our repayments quicker this year????

So I've submitted mine today, 6th April at 8am. I will post updates as and when...
Page 40
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 24th May 17, 10:17 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    Mine has been issued today
    • Faye23
    • By Faye23 24th May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Faye23
    Hi everyone been following everyone's posts over the last few days. My husband friend did his SA on the 13th may still have received anything. I spoke to someone on the chat web yesterday they said they issued a date the 20th April but got picked up for security checks and had been sent over on the 3rd may and won't hear anything until the 31st may, (we go on holiday on the 3rd ��) has anyone been in this situation before and how long after the checks did you receive your money?
    Thank you. X
    • kmcl
    • By kmcl 24th May 17, 4:34 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kmcl
    I think it just depends.. everyone's seems to be going through security checks just now. Some on here submitted on the 6th April & are still waiting. I submitted mine on 7th April & it just got issued today. I really don't think you can put a number on how long it takes. This has been the longest I have ever waited.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 24th May 17, 4:48 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 2,555 Thanks
    sheramber
    Hi everyone been following everyone's posts over the last few days. My husband friend did his SA on the 13th may still have received anything. I spoke to someone on the chat web yesterday they said they issued a date the 20th April but got picked up for security checks and had been sent over on the 3rd may and won't hear anything until the 31st may, (we go on holiday on the 3rd ��) has anyone been in this situation before and how long after the checks did you receive your money?
    Thank you. X
    Originally posted by Faye23
    It depends on how many are in the queue in front of you.
    • Faye23
    • By Faye23 24th May 17, 5:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Faye23
    It's a bloody nightmare isn't it. Every other year it's taken a week. In all fairness Iv read these forums from last year and year before and it seems everyone is being told different things every time. I spoke to one lady yesterday then thought I'd speak to someone again to see if they would say the same thing and they did, and then again today. Will just have to wait till next Wednesday I guess then contact again.
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 25th May 17, 4:21 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    My husband received his today after filing 6th April :-)
    • Faye23
    • By Faye23 25th May 17, 4:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Faye23
    Did you phone them at all? If so did they say what the delay was. Next week will be 4 weeks it's been security checked surely it can't take any longer.
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 26th May 17, 11:01 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    Yes we phoned on numerous occasions and was told security checks. 7 weeks it took for his and normally is a week.
    • Faye23
    • By Faye23 26th May 17, 12:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Faye23
    All in all it will be 7 weeks next week for us so hopefully it will go in, we go on holiday nest Saturday so would be nice to have the money lol x
    • chrismac1
    • By chrismac1 26th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    chrismac1
    What HMRC call "security checks" is what the rest of the World calls "slow pay". I've asked any number of times any number of HMRC officers what exactly they were checking on behalf of clients. I have never had an answer, but sometimes the officers there and then got on to another department and got them to do the payment order that same day!
    Hideous Muddles from Right Charlies
    • MrMrsBrown
    • By MrMrsBrown 27th May 17, 9:42 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    MrMrsBrown
    That's what we had hoped too, we went away on 14th for 2 weeks and received while we were away lol we go home tomorrow so have money to go shopping for gifts x
    • nickwestwood36
    • By nickwestwood36 27th May 17, 7:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickwestwood36
    Did mine on the 7th April and the repayment issued on 30th May so hopefully in my bank on the 31st.
    • michbeat
    • By michbeat 7th Jul 17, 3:28 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    michbeat
    have filed mine 28th June. last year, I accidentally gave them the wrong figure (of cis that I thought id paid) but once I gave them the correct figure it was sorted fairly quickly. Do they check more thoroughly the next year, if you made a mistake the first year ? just don't want to wait too long. wondering if the backlog has been cleared now, as there seemed to be some minor glitches with the april returns. Anyone had theirs quickly this year ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

6,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin