PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 17 March 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 17 March 2017 at 7:32AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 17 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit.

Now light, cloudy but dry underfoot, turned much cooler too.

Dinner last night was lamb hotpot, potato bake, cauli in cheese sauce, carrots and brocolli - all eaten and enjoyed, lamb was horrifically expensive but delicious. Tonight dinner will be chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I'll be having mushroom omelette and salad.

Yesterday I was busy all day and got quite a lot done. The washing machine didn't stop all day - I gave up trying to get the washing dried on the line though, it wasn't drying, and I needed to get it done, so TD was used but only for the items that I was struggling to dry. I will continue with that today. I did get some housework done, visited town to go to the bank and building society also the butchers. Sorted the meat that I'd bought into freezer bags and that's all in the freezer. I then got the lamb casserole prepped and into the slow cooker, prepped the potato bake and put in the fridge, prepped the veg. I also then made a peach sponge that I served warm with custard for dessert last night, there is a little of that left. I also prepped the pack ups for today, so by 4pm it was all sorted. It was one of those days where I didn't stop all day, but don't actually think I achieved that much!

Moving forward to today -
I will be going food shopping first thing, returning home getting it all put away, then tackling the pile of ironing, going for nail appointment late morning, then going to collect family member to take them shopping, it's going to be a trial, as they are a nightmare to shop with, hence why I'm doing mine first thing (I also shop in a different shop)- hence why dinner is already sorted and just an easy put in the oven type meal. I would like to get some baking/cooking done if I can fit it in, if not I'll perhaps do some in the morning whilst DH is at work.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning, early one from me as I'm heading to Birmingham today to take minutes of a meeting. A long way to go but heyho it gets me out of the office!

Happy birthday to snoozer xx Belated happy birthday to tru for Wednesday xx

DH has an interview today. He is not very confident - not that he can't do the job, but because he has had so many knock backs. His friend needs some help with his garden over the next few weeks, so he may be busy with that failing all else.

DS1 is continuing to take every shift offered at his part time job in the hotel. He is more use to them as he is now 18 and can work the bar. It all helps as his car insurance renewal is £750 which he is paying us back for monthly. Better than the £1650 he was originally quoted.

csarina - I'm with you 100% on the ungrateful people who dont say thanks. I always have to remind my children to thank people for presents. They used to write, but now they phone unless seeing someone in person, but at least they do it. Unfortunately it's not reciprocated with my nieces and nephews. Nephew was 17 a few weeks back so we gave him £20 cash towards driving lessons - nothing, not a word.

Speky - exciting news about the flat purchase :)

Have a good day all
    Cox x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Morning folks and thanks for the start NMLC. What a horrible morning. Bouncing down relentlessly.

Happy Birthday to SNOOZER. Have a lovely day.

The 3 DGDs are all still asleep, the youngest is usually up with the larks. They will all be to waken up shortly. For some silly reason no lunches available at school today, they have all to take a picnic!!! I hope it's being eaten inside in this weather!.

Being a Friday I have the excitement of a cleaning up day. What fun!

There's a bit of last night's pasta bake left which will feed Mr TA at lunch. Soup and a sandwich for me. Yet to decide what we will be eating tonight. Plenty in the freezer to chose from!

Have a good day all. May check back inlater! (HUGS( for the poorlies, sad and worried who want one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Happy Birthday snoozer :bdaycake: :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]tiredmum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I'm tempted to buy a muzzle, for the sole reason of making people think he's dangerous! Then they'll stay away. BUT anything put on his body makes him feel trapped and even more nervous. And it won't help us at all, the anxiety will still be there, I'll just be avoiding it instead of fixing it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gers[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Some people have idiots coming over to read the yellow coats and leads, then get even closer to ask what's wrong with the dog! Others have great success with them. I'm in two minds, can't decide whether to get them or not :undecided I don't think the coat will go down well with Scampi :undecided[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope you're still with us and didn't dissolve into a sugary puddle :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the birthday wishes but most especially, for all the cake :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi was still stressed from the man the day before, he spent most of the day curled up in a tight ball on the sofa. With every noise from outside, he curled himself tighter. He wouldn't let anyone touch him, but would shift over a bit to be near me when I sat down – he made sure he didn't get close enough to touch me though. He seems better this morning, hard to tell though because he's having his usual lie-in :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I managed to paint half the skirting but had to give up, my shoulder felt like it was on fire. I've conceded defeat and accepted that mr tru will have to do it, I'll just wait til he's back at work then get the wall paint back out to touch up areas where he's got carried away, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going to go through the rest of the stuff in the hall today, it's been there long enough for the others to claim what they want to keep. If they haven't bothered – tough! There's so much stuff that isn't used and I end up dusting it for no reason at all. I have binliners and I WILL be filling them :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Happy Birthday snoozer! :bdaycake::bdaycake:

Wet and miserable here but it's Friday so not all bad. WM just finishing doing its thing, I'll hang that in a minute. DW emptied and some sad looking house plants watered.

Good news on the flat speky, we'll all be there for the house warming!
    Fingers crossed for DH coxy.

Have a good Friday everyone, hope you're well. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Lovely bright day here and its Friday :j I am off to the quiet site again today which is lovely and much less stressful than the other place which is getting too much atm.

I am leaving at lunchtime today though as I have an appointment so only half day, tonight we will have fahitas and a glass of wine :beer:
    I need to do a little shopping over the weekend and will put a wash on tonight in the hopes of hanging it out tomorrow.
    :bdaycake:
    Snoozer happy Birthday to you

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday snoozer - hope you have a lovely day.

Woke up in time to hear the weather forecaster on Radio 2 say 'the west coast of Scotland will be thoroughly wet'. Deep sigh. The mini storm raged all evening and all night. We'll be floating soon, unfortunately I didn't melt in the rain, must try harder to sweeter!

My evening out was another treat, great company and tasty food. Chicken Provençal with rice and then fresh fruit salad. The only problem for me is that I prefer to eat early so 8.30pm was a struggle for me, but I really enjoyed myself.

I didn't get home until 11.30pm :eek: and was in bed by 11.35pm, asleep by 11.36pm.

Going to go back under the duvet for a little while.

Happy Friday to all.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Up with the larks this morning, well when I say larks I mean my grandson. Half past four he was running around! He has also peed all over the toilet floor which I didn't notice until I had sploshed through it :eek::eek:. Not a great start to the morning but I have had two giant cups of tea so I feel a bit better :).

I will be going for a nap once the kids are all in school and then I will be having a clean up around the house. Chicken kievs for tea here as well as everyone likes them.

Happy birthday Snoozer, hope you have a lovely day xx
    Hope you get your flat Speky x
    I have my fingers crossed for your DH Coxy, hope he gets the job x

Well, the kids are all dressed and bouncing around like loons, DD15 is going to be taking them to school for me in a minute and then I will get my head down for a bit.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Happy Birthday Snoozer, hope you have a lovely day :bdaycake:
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning from a real snotmonster. I don't feel particularly unwell, just uncomfortable with a very sore nose and tired from waking myself up sneezing. Good job I am on days off because we have a draconian sickness policy.

I have a load of washing for the mister to hang out by wigglin out of the window, no news of the back door repair and this has gone on for over 9 months. Am glued to Rightmove.

My bread yesterday came out really well, also makes good toast, alas not much left so I'd better get another loaf on the go.

Last night's dinner was a beef casserole with caraway and parsley dumplings, no idea what to make tonight, I am hoping to become inspired later. I'm not planning to make anything complex though, cba really.

Happy birthday Snoozer xx
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Happy Birthday snoozer ,all of Ireland is celebrating with you today :):):).Dry and bright at the moment but not quite as warm just yet as yesterday..
    General pottering day today just catching up on a few odd jobs indoors .I am off to my sis-in-laws tomorrow afternoon for the weekend (well until late Sunday afternoon anyway .She is taking me out for a belated birthday dinner as she was in Mexico from before Christmas for three months .so we have lots of catching up to do.So no cooking tomorrow night, and virtually none on Sunday either as I will go straight to DDs from Faversham on my way home for Sunday nights dinner.

I am making my sis-in-law some scones and a few cakes this morning which no doubt will go down well.

Hope you all have a good day what ever you are doing
    Cheers chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills