Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Comments

• rtandon27 wrote: »
    Oooo - bargain envy happening here!

The best I've done lately is 2 ready meal GFY chicken and shroom pies at 1.20 each and 2 packets of puff pastry for 70p each - which reminds me we have hand pies in the plans today to use up the chick & veg leftovers from the freezer (don't tell OH that it's made from leftovers & bargains - he'll eat anything if I make it sound posh or creative)

...and Pips... wot the hae are mushies? I'm mightily perplexed!;):D

Mushrooms is what they were and the pies sound amazing. Hand crafted artisan with unique fillings -they do sound posh.

:T

Waves to all - been a bit of a mad house here.

Cooker is finally in and the room is now half way to how it will look.

TRG made fried eggs for his ma - and then we had a proper roast dinner.

Did the Jamie recipe which I'd recommend, I'm sure its the one Jo used :A and I don't normally like pork but we got a 84p 2kg lump reduced. And, when in rome.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/6-hour-slow-roasted-pork-shoulder/

Well done for fixing things with elastic bands.

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Last week of part time this week.

:eek:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Mushrooms is what they were and the pies sound amazing. Hand crafted artisan with unique fillings -they do sound posh...

So glad that was mushrooms & not mushie peas! - That is one food I've not learned to appreciate!

Loving your creative description - will try that next time round - needless to say all the hand-pies disappeared without any grumbling! They were scrummy!

What an amazing bargain for a pork roast! We paid 2.50 for 800g for Sunday roast yesterday & though super delicious, did find it a bit dear for what we got (by yellow sticker standards)...

Ours was cooked on a bed of leeks & accompanied by Yorkies & onion gravy - gravy was cheaters (Kn00r gravy pot) - over all a very satisfying meal & a portion of leftovers to use in a lunchtime packup.

Have an assorted root veg & (cheap) beef stew cooling now - done in the slow cooker overnight - it will be Tues's or Wed's dinner with either potatoes or rice or pasta.

Other planned meals for this week include salmon with veg and pots tonight and yellow-stickered chicken & 'shroom pie with a side of greens later in the week.

If we are lucky may find some more markdowns in the grocery store for other meals, if not it will be freezer surprize!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
    Yorkies & onion gravy
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    lunchtime packup.
    chicken & 'shroom pie
    freezer surprize!

My dearest rtandon, your [STRIKE]indoctrination[/STRIKE] education in our ways and language is complete........... :p:rotfl::T

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    My dearest rtandon, your [STRIKE]indoctrination[/STRIKE] education in our ways and language is complete........... :p:rotfl::T

Greying X

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh my - I've been turned to the dark side!

(With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)

Oh my - I've been turned to the dark side!

It would seem you have been.

Although you'll probably only get your dark side star when you learn to love mushy peas ;)

Mad week here of NOT being on holiday.

Just told my old work, I've taken a new job.

Also told them that as far as I am thinking I'm just increasing hours and not leaving. For now we'll see how that goes.

DH thinks this is a mistake and might lead to not great work/life balance, I'm inclined to agree but for now I'm going to try and keep it on.

Full time starts on 1st of the month.

Oh yes and I'm still doing 5/hours week looking after our volunteers at the garden for Nov too.

Work life balance - what's that then.

Contemplating a new diary with a new focus well, food and working is always my focus but thinking more of the overpaying of the mortgage.

:rotfl:

And speaking of free food - 3 baby squashes and 4 litres of apple juice found their way home today.

Making the juice into cordial before it morphs into cider, its been around a wee while.

Also bagged half a cake but as I'm not a cake-head I shared the love with the maintenance guys.

:A
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,693 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Gosh pippi that sounds busy! So, er, is the new job not in the same place as the old job, or is this a different new job? I am confused :D

Mmm, cake :D
  • ! So, er, is the new job not in the same place as the old job, or is this a different new job? I am confused :D

I'm glad you said that Cheery, I thought it was just me and my brain fade..... :o

:hello: waves to Pippi :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• rtandon27
    Pips...

New diary?!?

***Faints***

ETA - peas - not a chance - I actually have a legume allergy so that settles that!!!

Once I've picked myself up of your floor & GPs as well - I'll do a happy dance round your virtual kitchen! - Hooray for new beginnings & a fresh start with your new job!

...and tell yer OH that work/life balance is a myth...

:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am confuddled :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    I am confuddled :rotfl:

Good word Beanie! :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure