Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• bethesda
    bethesda Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    oh i have missed mse! you guys crack me up!
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Heyup everybody

Have a look at the Home Bargains £100 FB prize tonight, someone has posted a brilliant sob story on there about a budgie, moving into a former psychopath's house, and the walls being a dubious colour.
    It's brill, and obviously must be true :rotfl::rotfl:

A million points to whoever posted it :T:T:T:T:T:T:T

p.s one a lighter note, I've just found out that I can now use the Smilies on here again. For some reason, I've not been able to use them for about 2 years - apologies for going a bit mad, got a bit of catching up to do :rotfl::T:eek::o:D:p;):mad::money::beer::j:(:)
    Be Lucky :beer::beer::j:j:j:j:j:):A:(:T:rotfl::cool::money:

Oh no, it looks like a comp entry with all those smilies :D

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Somebody wants to win puuuurfume so they have something nice to put on when they've had a baby.
    Apparently they are due anytime, but might need to be induced,etc, etc.
    Wishing them well with their preparations and all that. But from what I've heard about childbirth, the last thing I'd want to do after giving birth is cover meself in scent.:eek:
    still, bonus points for originality :D
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • dontone
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Oh no, it looks like a comp entry with all those smilies :D

Jx

My apologies. I got rather carried away :rotfl:

I am going to stand in the corner and hang my head in shame.:rotfl:

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In the same perfume competition:

"Love this smell this was our precious girls fav perfume and what she wore wen the angels came to take her to heaven hope ur still using the one that we sent with you tiggy ������
    Would love to win this and I'd give it straight to my sister in so she can smell her precious baby girl xxx"

If this is true I should probably be a bit ashamed of my somewhat cynical comment further up in the competition post
    er, no I shouldn't actually, cos that is in really bad taste as an attempt to influence selection whether it's true or not...and if it's not an attempt to influence selection why are you telling me this? grumble..selling soul...grumble.. grouch...:mad:
  • chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well a page called Coupon Mama seems to have had enough of the antics on their competition. You just had to type 'WIN' to enter and someone made a comment about the inevitable sob stories. Their reply:

We choose winners at random so it doesn't matter how bad your story is, you have the same chance as everyone else :j:j:j

I have to say, when I scrolled down the comments and found:

Win me sharing is caring I would love to win this prize for my grandson for Christmas as it will be my final Christmas Drs have just confirmed being referred to a hospice & under a palative care nurse I want Christmas to be special I felt rather sick :(

Nice prize (Lego advent calendars) but still...:eek:
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
  • dontone
    Options
    chrissie57 wrote: »
    Well a page called Coupon Mama seems to have had enough of the antics on their competition. You just had to type 'WIN' to enter and someone made a comment about the inevitable sob stories. Their reply:

We choose winners at random so it doesn't matter how bad your story is, you have the same chance as everyone else :j:j:j

I have to say, when I scrolled down the comments and found:

Win me sharing is caring I would love to win this prize for my grandson for Christmas as it will be my final Christmas Drs have just confirmed being referred to a hospice & under a palative care nurse I want Christmas to be special I felt rather sick :(

Nice prize (Lego advent calendars) but still...:eek:

I've just been reading the page. Good on them for saying that about it being random. Yet, I still didn't see many doing what was requested though. Then again, there are over 9000 comments, so perhaps some of those got lost in the shuffle.
    Oh dear on the story. :(
    Be Lucky.

• matt.warman83
    Options
    The perfume shop posted a comp so my reply was this!!!!

Good luck to everyone using every bloody emoji known to man, those who have 1 day left to live or its for "their man" 😣 you need this prize to make this birthday the best ever! Or Xmas, easter, god knows, whatever!!!Good luck to those with their fingers and toes tightly crossed, the prize givers don't give a bloody toss! Liked and shared with a photo to boot, OMG don't make me puke! For Christmas or Halloween, nobody gives a hoot, calm down you wallys or you'll get the boot!! 😘😘😍😍
    2016 wins: Screening of The Conjuring, Toy Bundle, Fitbit, DVD, book, Cool bag filled with drinks, Meal for 2 at Marygreen Manor, NFL tickets & Marriott hotel stay.
    Rough value £760

Wishlist! A holiday to Vegas or NY.
  • strawberri_shortcake
    Options
    Considering how many people are hobbling around with their 'fingers and toes tightly crossed' I'm surprised I've never come across them in the flesh.
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 October 2016 at 11:46PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71499683#post71499683

Just seen this in the T&Cs of a comp:

"Only positive comments on the competition post will be entered into the draw.

Topps Tiles reserves the right to remove any competition comments or posts that are deemed negative or offensive."

A company trying to discourage sob stories? Or probably not, since a lot of people don't read the T&Cs, but looks like a sob story won't be the winning entry. Maybe more companies could start following these guidelines.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure