PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Slow Cooker - The Recipe Collection

Comments

• amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Thanks Ang - found it - off to make rice pudding now mmmmm kids and hubby will probably hate it and I'll have to eat it all myself!!
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The Complete Slow Cooker Collection is listed in the Cooking section of the MEGA Index and is also a featured collection in our Indexed Collections.

You can find these via my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • bexxie90
    bexxie90 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Here is a fantastic meal that you can freeze (though some wont wnat to coz of Rice contained but is okay) is simply gorgeous and so simple to make.

You will need:

4 Chicken Breasts
    1 TBSp Sugar
    Squeeze of half Lemon or Jif Concentrated
    3/4 (three quarters,lol) of Rice (american stuff the best)
    3 Tins of condensed Chicken soup (Campbell's the best but any really)
    Half cup to one cup Water
    2 Celery stalks
    Cup of Pea's
    Any frozen Veg like Broccoli etc (Green the better)

Just chuck all this after sealing chicken in a slow cooker or casserole dish and cook slowley for as long as you want.

I always put a dollop of Mash Potato in when dished up and if you don't go up for second's then there is something wrong,lol.
    This can be frozen but for obvious reasons,some people don't like to re-heat Rice but as it is not on it's own as a dish it should be fine.
    Enjoy!

Chloe 13 years old and Amelia-Rose born 4/4/07

Gorgeous Harry born 18/04/10 5 weeks early after a nine minute labour!
    MFW currently paying £200 extra a month.
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I've just been catching up with indexing recipes in here and have reached...

THIS FAR

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Just had this for tea and the only complaint I got was "Why isn't there any more?"

500g Minced Lamb
    Couple of handfuls of frozen mixed veg
    1 chopped onion
    4 heaped tsp cornflour
    2 tsp mixed dried herbs
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    Couple of shakes of worchestershire sauce
    1 pt water
    about 2lb potatoes peeled and sliced
    2oz grated cheese

Brown mince and onion, then drain away any excess fat. Place in the slow cooker and stir in the mixed veg. Meanwhile parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes and drain. Mix the cornflour, herbs, salt, pepper and worchestershire sauce with a little cold water to make a smooth paste. Add 1 pint boiling water to the cornflour paste. Arrange the parboiled potatoes over the mince, then pour the cournflour mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and put on the lid. I cooked this on high for about 2 hours, then realised the potatoes were already soft, so reduced the heat to low until we were ready to eat - about another 3 hours! Next time I will just cook it on low for the whole of the time.
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love making this, it tastes so nice - hope you like i too!

Ingredients:
    2tbs plain flour
    1tbs curry powder
    1tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp turmeric
    1 tsp groung ginger
    675 g/1 1/2lb lean stewing beef in cubes
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    1 red pepper, chopped
    150ml/1 1/4 pint beef stock
    400g can chopped tomatoes
    2tbs mango chutney
    1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 apples, peeled cored and chopped
    25g sultanas
    S&P

Instructions
    Mix the flour, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, ginger and s&p and toss the beef cubes in it. Brown the meat then add everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-10 hours.

I have made this as per above and also by not browning the meat and just tossing it in the mixture then putting everything in the slow cooker. It was very tasty on both occasions and it really freezes well too - handy for me as I like to batch cook.
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I havent read all the posts on this thread but have just bought a slow cooker and am looking for veggie recipes.has anyone got any to share as most of the talk seems to be about meat!! :confused:
    edited to say ive just looked thru the whole thread and have found a few veggie recipes thanks!! :T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    To make it easier this thread has been indexed.

To find the index use the link to our collections in my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif
  • Yesterday, I left my ham shank bubbling away in my Slow Cooker, along with potatoes, carrots, onions and rosemary.

It was YUMMY!

I had about an hour before hubby arrived home so first, I took the meat out so I could take all the meat off the bone, and whilst I was doing that, I added loads of red lentils.

I put the meat back in and by the time hubby came home, it was all lovely and thickened by the lentils....

One confession though......
    WE ATE IT ALL!!!!!

I HAD intended to save some for tonight but it was sooo nice that we just coundn't resist another huuuge bowlful!

**burrrp**

Jayne xx
    Dogs have owners, CATS have STAFF...
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sounds gorgeous, making me hungry already. guess what I'm going to do for supper ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure