PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• 9ja4life
    9ja4life Posts: 226 Forumite
    House is in Somerset just outside Bath. It's also close to a very good secondary school. Still getting viewings. No offers other than the one in the first week which we rejected. We're not in a hurry yet so will see what the new year brings
  • Just an update that I exchanged today, so things are happening, good luck to you all, I'll keep checking back in and I hope the new year brings you all buyers!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • fudge7000 wrote: »
    Just an update that I exchanged today, so things are happening, good luck to you all, I'll keep checking back in and I hope the new year brings you all buyers!

Great to hear that fudge, I'm glad it worked out for you eventually! We're now on our 3rd buyer after 3 collapsed sales but trying to stay positive!
  • 2 collapsed sales, I mean
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2017 at 5:55PM
    Thinking of taking a 10 yr fixed mortgage in case rates rise in the next few years. 2 yr fixed is 1.09% and 10 yr fixed is 2.49% with HSBC.
  • Glad it's not just us. We've been really messed around and had rotten luck. Our new buyer seems very serious and committed though so at least that's something!
  • Sus59
    Sus59 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congratulations Fudge and good luck with your move.
  • Have things slowed down for everyone as it's getting closer to Christmas? Hope viewings are still occurring for all of you!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Nothing on ours for almost 2 weeks now, and not expecting anything this side of Christmas either.

EA has proposed that it's removed from the market and relisted in the week before Xmas ready for the holiday period. We've got nothing to lose so might as well!
  • Looks like our sale has dropped through. She had an appointment with mortgage advisor and haven't heard anything since, so not good
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback