PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Good luck Alchopops!
    Happytails I would be tempted to switch if i was you, might be the boost you need.

I asked EA to contact our potential buyer today to see if they're having much interest in their property because we've found something we like and want to get on with it now. Apparently they've got "loads" of viewings booked in this week. I hope they have but I'll take it with a pinch of salt until it translates into them progressing with buying our house:cool:
  • Annaeliz
    Annaeliz Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi everyone! I'm new on here, house has only been on the market a week and im already worn out trying to keep the house 'viewing ready'. I've got 3 boys, a husband and a dog who all have a very different view of what is an acceptable state for the house to be in to view :D
    2020 wins: Petsafe Smart Feeder, Family ticket to Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live, Iconic Mascara, Maleficent DVD, Hemline Thimble Desk Organiser, Product of the Year Goody Bag, Inside Soap £50, Florette Salad, Midway DVD, Red Dwarf Bluray, Sponsor a Swan, Cosmo Subscription, Lavendar Plants, Core Balance Dome Balance Trainer, Yoga Fitness Mat, TV Choice £200
  • Pumpkim
    Annaeliz wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm new on here, house has only been on the market a week and im already worn out trying to keep the house 'viewing ready'. I've got 3 boys, a husband and a dog who all have a very different view of what is an acceptable state for the house to be in to view :D

:rotfl:
    Sounds familiar!
    Have you had much interest so far?
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Been away for a few days. The EA rang with feedback from our *very interested last week but not anymore* viewer.

Her husband called EA to say that his In Laws who came to look too pointed out lots of stuff that needed work (not entirely sure what except the rendering which we have decdided to fix) and having an older but fully working boiler. Basically putting off his wife from putting an offer in. Its priced with the boiler in mind and the roof (10K cheaper than ones with newer roofs and ok interior)

I told the EA we were doing the rendering and replacing a carpet upstairs (a little threadbare) and she was going to call them to see if it sways them to make an offer - this was thursday. Im assuming they've well and truly crossed us off their list. so annoying.
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Pumpkim
    Aw thats rubbish Happytails :(
    Well, we're back to taking viewings. Our potential buyer has had no joy finding another buyer for their property so we had to say we couldn't wait any longer as we have a property in mind. We went 'live' on Rightmove again last night and have a viewing booked for tomorrow. With hindsight, it was silly of us to stop viewings and wait but we are where we are. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
  • happytails
    aw Pumpkim that sucks, how did yesterdays viewing go?

We've given notice to change estate agents - 18th July we can market elsewhere. 2 hours after i gave notice the EA called with a viewer for Weds evening - ftb, so fingers crossed.
  • Tiners
    Tiners Posts: 232 Forumite
    happytails wrote: »
    Been away for a few days. The EA rang with feedback from our *very interested last week but not anymore* viewer.

Her husband called EA to say that his In Laws who came to look too pointed out lots of stuff that needed work (not entirely sure what except the rendering which we have decdided to fix) and having an older but fully working boiler. Basically putting off his wife from putting an offer in. Its priced with the boiler in mind and the roof (10K cheaper than ones with newer roofs and ok interior)

I told the EA we were doing the rendering and replacing a carpet upstairs (a little threadbare) and she was going to call them to see if it sways them to make an offer - this was thursday. Im assuming they've well and truly crossed us off their list. so annoying.

But a new roof, a new boiler and an updated interior would cost a heck of a lot more than £10k?
  • happytails
    Tiners - I see your point but the boiler nor roof need doing imminently, the interior is pretty good bar these carpets (thanks to kids!). Much better than the interior of the dearer houses with the new roof etc

We are also happy to accept £8k lower than asking so a saving of atleast £18k compared to ones with new roofs but less desirable interior.

And it's under the stamp duty threshold (the ones £10k higher are over threshold).
  • ours only went up for sale on friday. we are desperate to move and have found where we want to buy but need this selling first! hopefully viewings will start soon
  • Pumpkim
    happytails wrote: »
    aw Pumpkim that sucks, how did yesterdays viewing go?

We've given notice to change estate agents - 18th July we can market elsewhere. 2 hours after i gave notice the EA called with a viewer for Weds evening - ftb, so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the viewing on Wednesday :D

We haven't heard anything back from Saturday, they were FTB but I didn't really get the impression that they were that keen really. Nothing else on the horizon and I am getting super impatient too, more so because we've seen the property we want and it's the only one we want. I just want to be able to buy it!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback