What do you do with keep sakes and cards

Options
Myself and my husband have boxes of "keepsakes" in the loft and now we have a 1yo the keepsakes are just increasing. We had her christening recently and I have 30 cards that I don't want to throw out! I want to order and clear out some stuff. We have tickets, brochures, cards (lots of cards!)
I was hoping to have some inspiration from you crafty lot 😀
Recently married and loving it x

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.
  • nightsky224
    Options
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.

That's a good idea for organisation. I'm worried it will spiral out of control and we are going to have a loft full of stuff we will never look at (our loft is so full as it is!!)
    Recently married and loving it x
  • AlwaysAllie
    Options
    If you don't want to keep actual cards you could photo or scan them and make a Photobook

AA
  • carefullycautious
    Options
    I have not kept any keepsakes. It is a lot easier to do now with the computer and scanners as you can make an online book.

I don't do sentimental and don't have the room even if I did. The only box I have has old photos in that should be scanned but every time I get it out I start looking through and the enormity of it makes me go :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure