Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Life is interesting.

Fighting a battle at work to keep my mileage allowance. They want to take off my journey to work (80 mile round trip) which basically means doing business miles whilst claiming no business miles (all my sites are closer than the office) and at the end of the year losing the allowance. I am going to put something forward next week about the gaps in the policy and lack of fairness. I have no great hope. I will end up working from home more time than I want to and probably looking for a new job.

Have just booked 5 nights away after Christmas to see my friend from university. That should be a tonic.

Also on the spendy front I will be starting my therapy sessions. They look hard but good. Can't keep running away! They are £50 a session so I hope she's as good as she appears!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Eek to the mileage.
    Break sounds a tonic indeed.
    Hope the therapy sessions are just what you need.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Butti wrote: »
    Life is interesting.

For chinese versions of interesting.
    I have no great hope. I will end up working from home more time than I want to and probably looking for a new job.

The great hope comes when they realise they're haemorrhaging staff. Usually takes time alas - far too many senior management are not the sharpest oranges in the fruitbowl...
    Have just booked 5 nights away after Christmas to see my friend from university. That should be a tonic.

:T
    Also on the spendy front I will be starting my therapy sessions. They look hard but good. Can't keep running away! They are £50 a session so I hope she's as good as she appears!

If not, then you can find someone who is.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    edited 24 October 2016 at 8:25PM
    Yep..she was very good.

And we are galvanising at work. Some people are applying the rule literally which will really highlight issues......and possibly introduce some waste products to an air circulator.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Yep..she was very good.

:T
    And we are galvanising at work. Some people are applying the rule literally which will really highlight issues......

You know as though the new rules are ill-considered or something...
    and possibly introduce some waste products to an air circulator.

And then you get your Management saying "need to be sensible" "need to use judgement" "need to show flexibility" - which is all code for "Please don't ream us a new one with our own stupid rules..."
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Okay so who knew all over itching was a peri - menopausal symptom.

I have found this one out at the cinema this evening. Have tried to sit through a 2 hour film without scratching continually. Not easy!
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well I dident know!!
    Hope all well in your world.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Okay so who knew all over itching was a peri - menopausal symptom.

I have found this one out at the cinema this evening. Have tried to sit through a 2 hour film without scratching continually. Not easy!

Are you sure it's that?

They're not called flea pits for nothing.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Yes. My head was the most itchy not my ankles and nobody else was scratching.

In other news !!!!!! is America doing?
    48% off mortgage

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    In other news !!!!!! is America doing?

Gearing up for WW3 :(
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing