NUS or ISIC? which one to get?

i cant decide which one to get to be honest. nus is £9 and the isic is £10
as far as i undersand the nus is for UK only and the ISIC is international and UK
though, both seem to offer different discounts for the UK.

advice would be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Wasn't there a thread just like this not long ago? Use the search function!

As for the cards it's up to you. Go for the one which gives you the discounts you'd use most often so it's more likely to make up for its cost.
  • Like The One Who said it depends what discounts you are going to need. It may even be worth getting both as the ISIC seems more travel based and the NUS Extra is more for shops or eating out. The NUS Extra card is £10 now. I see they have got rid of the free version but I suppose that just got you the same discounts as your uni student card.
  • I think I asked this question a few weeks ago, if you get the NUS you get £3 off the ISIC card. I have just gone for the NUS so far. Its £10 now as someone has said.

I still haven't got my NUS card though its been 2 weeks since I ordered it, I did get it today but they haven't put my photo on (that bad?? LOL) Even though it was on the proof copy of it, I would get it direct from your Student Union/services rather online if thats a commen problem.

Sarah
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    I have an NUS one and it has an ISIC logo on it and I used it internationally without any problem
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    LAst year the NUS Extra card incorporated the ISIC card. Is this not still the case?
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DrFluffy wrote: »
    LAst year the NUS Extra card incorporated the ISIC card. Is this not still the case?

No, they are separate now. They offer a £3 discount on the ISIC card when you buy a NUS Extra card now instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure