No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Another uu

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Shower Gel 500ml - WMBA but do have another in the stash and need a change, plus I have a ridiculous amount of shower gel in the stash in general.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    My PP list for October:

1.[STRIKE] S&G Sugar Crush Shower Gel[/STRIKE]
    2. [STRIKE]Hawaiian Tropic Lime Body Butter[/STRIKE]
    3. Khiels Moisturiser
    4. [STRIKE]Clarins Eau Dynamisante Body Lotion[/STRIKE]
    5. [STRIKE]Avon White Tea & Jasmine Bubble Bath[/STRIKE]
    6. Aromatherapy Associates Relax Deep Bath Oil
    7. Clearasil Rapid Action Pads
    8. Avon Herve Leger Body Lotion
    9. Beautannia Brighton Body Lotion
    10. Boots Cocoa Butter & Mallow Lip Balm

My updated PP list - going well at the moment.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Still no UUs :o I have an In to test so FREE :) - cleansing facial gel.
    So far so good
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • I'm in this month too. Hello! Thank you for starting the new thread!

I bought the L'occitane advent calendar and the postman came while i was out. It is now languishing in the sorting office, won't be able to pick it up till Saturday. Got cashback on it so that's sort of MSE, and looking forward to lots of little UUs in December!

UU Garnier camomile conditioner. It was rubbish. Back to my Aussie miracle shine, hurrah.
    Welcome to all the newbies,I need a bit of help. I have got to get a new under eye concealer I have constant black eyes mainly due to limited sleep and fainting. my usual max factor concealer has made my skin itchy so I will be using it to cover spots until it's all gone. Has anyone tried natural concealers, I found an RMS one but its £28.00:eek: but I begrudge paying that much if it's no good.

I would recommend the Collection 2000 one that all the beauty Youtubers rave about. it's about £3 and really good. Can be a bit hard to find an unopened one in Boots and the tube does get grotty quickly, but it works well for me and for that price you can replace it every 3 months if you like. I tend to get a bit of eczema round my eyes but this doesn't seem to aggravate it.
  • Had a pamper evening, one UU LE eye bright its been replaced with the spare one I bought a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the eye concealer suggestions I have tried the collection 2000 one but it didn't suit my skin. I will just keep researching for one.
  • evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Welcome to all the newbies,I need a bit of help. I have got to get a new under eye concealer I have constant black eyes mainly due to limited sleep and fainting. my usual max factor concealer has made my skin itchy so I will be using it to cover spots until it's all gone. Has anyone tried natural concealers, I found an RMS one but its £28.00:eek: but I begrudge paying that much if it's no good.

I've got the Jane Iredale one. its not up there with bobbi brown corrector in terms of coverage but its the right shade of ghostly for me and it does do a half decent job for a natural concealer. I've got the vapour one as well but thats a bit too oily for my skin. for spots, nothings beaten laura mercier secret camouflage yet.

I was very tempted by the advent calendars but looking at them, i can think of better things that I would actually use to spend my money on. I'm not wowed by the holiday sets this year either, they are all a bit samey. The only ones I'm really eyeing up are Nars and even then thats because its all the same colours I wear all the time :rotfl:

My 5 by xmas are:-

1. Nars eye primer
    2. any eyeshadow
    3. origins night moisturizer
    4. Urban Decay face powder
    5. any black eyeliner
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    I've also done a Body Shop order using the £25 off £50 spend deal. I bought a couple of gift sets for friends as Christmas presents which would have normally cost £18 each and a few things for myself to get the deal:

INs
    Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 250ml - This is the smaller bottle but I know it will last months as I only use anti-dandruff shampoo about once a week. Current anti-dandruff shampoo is almost empty so will get this out as soon as that's gone.
    Organic Cotton Rounds (100 pack) - I haven't run out of current cotton wool just yet but these will go well in the stash.
    The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Whipped Lotion 250ml - I got this to qualify for the deal and I regularly use body lotion so I won't be letting it gather dust.

I also got a couple of skincare products to qualify for Superdrug deal with free Patisserie de Bain gift set which will go to a colleague for Christmas as we all just get each other inexpensive presents:

Superdrug Cocoa Butter & Vanilla Body Lotion 200ml - I use body lotion everyday so I'm sure I will find a use for this soon enough.
    Garnier Intensive 7 Days Smoothing Hand Cream 100ml - I like the body lotion version of this so wanted to try it.
    Frizz Ease Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Frizz Primer sample sachets - These just came as a surprise and will be good to try out.

I went through my makeup earlier and found a few things I had missed - some samples of foundation and BB cream.I'll find a day when I'm not in a rush to apply them in the morning in order to use them up.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • First UU of the month for me - Nip & Fab Gycolic cleansing pads. I bought these in the hope that they would help with the horrible enlarged pores I have on my nose but I can't see any difference (the dragon's blood ones didn't work either). So WNBA.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Morning all
    Welcome to the new beauty stash users

I had a UU last night, finished off a tub of sanctuary soothing bath powder. It was ok bubble a little but didn't feel particularly soothing or softening.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • I've just started doing overtime telling myself I will put the extra money towards Christmas presents, but in reality I imagine it might go on presents to myself! I got three advent calendars last year, which was excessive! What one have you gone for bradleysmum?

Hi :hello: I have bought the Loccitane one. First time I have ever got one so I'm hoping I'm not disappointed, thought I would treat myself as I have already finished buying presents.

On another note, has anyone used Yves Rocher and what do you think of it? I keep getting emails and the bits look lovely but wondering if it is a false economy. Thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure