Computershare share save advice

Hi

Basically I have a 3 year sharesave with computershare that i got through my work and it is due to mature on the 1st of December. I can log in to my account now to decide what i want to do with it as in sell all shares, sell part shares and cash or have all cash ect ect

I am looking at selling the shares so when i go through the process on the site it takes my bank details and then gives me an estimate of how much i will get returned to me.

My question is will the price per share i recieve be based on the day i select what i want to do with the maturity (If it is before the 1st of December) or will it be the price they are on the 1st of December?
Have searched the site but cant find any info on it.

Thanks

bitsandbobs

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,061
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    When you sell shares that are quoted on the stock exchange the price you get is the market rate at that specific time. 1 minute later the price may be different.

So if you are selling online you are told the current price and given a very short time, say 10 seconds, to decide whether to go ahead with the sale. If you are selling offline the broker will sell for the best price he can get at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure