Mattress threads

Former_MSE_Forum_Manager
Former_MSE_Forum_Manager Posts: 928
First Post Best Buy Bear
Forumite
edited 23 December 2010 at 10:43AM in Shop but don't drop
I honestly cannot believe I'm having to write a post about this topic AGAIN, and my patience with the problems these threads cause is almost exhausted so I'd like to post this information in the public domain so everyone is clear on what we're having to deal with. Please read the entire post and have a think.

1. Tim Deegan.

Frankly, the amount of people who complain that you are promoting remains constantly high, and this is a mix of users you might guess, but also a lot of long term but quiet posters who you might not.

We have been incredibly tolerant with your demands on our time, coupled with the recent emails to us, isn't really putting us on side.

2. Other users.

There is no doubt that there are some new users who are genuine and have a right to argue points and present their views, and yes a few trolls crop up from time to time to antagonize.

3. When these collide.

People are allowed to have points of view and disagree, and Tim has historically provided a huge level of information, time and support for users on our forum which we appreciate. The issue comes in how people interpret that; is it promotion or support? This is extremely difficult for us to call and we try and plot a mid line through the opposing views.

4. The overall issue.

In short, we cannot keep revisiting these same issues over and over. Our forum isn't geared to settle dispute resolution and nor do we have the complete history of every argument to resolve it perfectly. If you have an issue with a purchase from a company, settle it with that company directly through their official channels.

My current feeling is that if this continues, I will simply block all accounts causing issues permanently and stop the problems in their tracks, especially to protect the site from threats of libel which we've recently received. I really don't want to have to do that and nor do i honestly believe discussion about MATTRESSES should ever cause my hand to be forced in that way.

5. The season of goodwill

Believe it or not, it is the season of goodwill to all so let's draw a line in the sand, or perhaps snow, right now about this and move on. If it continues to be a resource issue, accounts will be blocked. Given the amount of warnings and intervention over the years we've given this issue, you cannot say you haven't been fairly warned.

So it's up to each user to work out how to proceed from hereon in, hopefully choosing mature discussion rather than this childish bickering...and yes, we will be aware if people go out of their way to try and get certain accounts banned. Come on guys, be grown up about it.

Happy MattressMas

:xmastree:

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
Join the MSE Forum
New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories