Orange "call Divert Costs"

I called Orange before going to Romania about using "CALL DIVERT" (I am on a montlycontract). I was told that there is no costs involved in doing this to my home number.
Today I recieved my bill and apart from having been charged £2.10 +vat for a 345 call to Orange which they are now going to credit (this should have been free), they have also charged me for the call diverts back to my home phone.
Thankfully they have cocked up and charged me only a small amount for each call.
I called Orange twice and asked the same question "How much will I be charged for a 1 minute call to my home phone using call divert". I was told that the caller pays the international call cost and I would pay the 70pence per minute call back to the UK.
Thankfully I was charged only £0.042 for a 59 second call.
I looked on the web site to find the call divert cost....I could not find any mention of costs at all.
It seems to me that Orange charge what they like when they like.

BE VERY CAREFULL OF ORANGE AND CHECK YOUR BILLS

NICK

Comments

• mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Its not clear what you did.

Were you diverting your calls from your mobile to your landline whilst in romania,and left the phone behind. Or was you roaming in romania and using the phone for outbound calls ,with a call divert set up for incoming calls.
  • susi
    susi Posts: 717 Forumite
    The nokia 6111 is not showing up on any of the sites,it is on tesco payg and the imei number is 359773003179032 anyone any ideas?i want it on orange untill my contract runs out at the begining of next month and then to go back on tesco.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It looks like you've been charged 5 pence a minute, perhaps for calls that went over your monthly allowance of inclusive calls.
  • barleymo
    barleymo Posts: 15 Forumite
    The phone was set to divert to my home phone in England while I was in Romania. I turned my phone off while in Romania (yes it was set to a Romanian network).
    My biggest gripe is that I called Orange to ask them about call divert and they told me it was free.
    I could find no info about call divert costs on the Orange web site. (HIDDEN COSTS).
  • redux
    It is not free, but will come from your inclusive minutes if calling a landline or other Orange mobile. Diversion to other mobile networks will not come from inclusive minutes. As I said, it sounds like you went slightly over your allowance, which would explain why the call charges are modest, namely 5 pence a minute for the case you mentioned. That is the reason there is no info about call diversion charges, as they are the same as normal charges.
  • barleymo
    barleymo Posts: 15 Forumite
    Orange told me that I should have been charged about 70pence a minute, thankfully they did not.
  • redux
    As your OP contradicts yourself in reporting what Orange told you, I doubt that you explained your question to Orange any better than to us, so I doubt they are intending to mislead you.

There is probably a difference between diverting all calls unconditionally and those that are diverted on no answer. Only the latter would be likely to be charged 70 pence. And they would not have told you that any of these calls were actually free, as Orange Everyphone was abolished a couple of years ago or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure