Cost for having a multi-fuel stove installed.

Anyone have a rough idea of how much I would have to pay to have a gas fire and back boiler removed and a multi fuel stove put in ?
Also the cost of a combo-boiler ?
By 'rough idea' I mean...would it cost £1,000, or £2,000, or £3,000 etc..I don't want exact figures.

Thanks
~D~

*I'm on Tyneside.

Comments

• Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    DollyPeel wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough idea of how much I would have to pay to have a gas fire and back boiler removed and a multi fuel stove put in ?
    Also the cost of a combo-boiler ?
    By 'rough idea' I mean...would it cost £1,000, or £2,000, or £3,000 etc..I don't want exact figures.

Thanks
    ~D~

*I'm on Tyneside.

Best bet would be to seek advice from a HETAS installer who is also Gas Safe Registered.

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Leif
    Leif Posts: 3,727 Forumite
    Price depends on where you live, and the nature of your house and fireplace. But, I live in East Hants, and I had a WB 30CDI combi boiler installed in my kitchen, and old one removed along with hot water cylinder and tank, for about £2700, which is the going rate in my area. I have been quoted £1200 + stove cost to install a wood burning stove, which includes fitting a stainless steel liner in the chimney of my bungalow, but no work on the fireplace opening (I opened up the fireplace, and I will install the hearth, and surround). Prices in your area may vary, so get 2 or 3 quotes.
    Warning: This forum may contain nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport