IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help needed

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    This appears to be irrelevant because the link is to the (good guys) BMPA and I think you meant the (dark side) BPA, but in fact aren't this parking firm in the (even darker) IPC, so this CoP does not apply:
    On https://www.bmpa.eu/companydata it states about:

13 Grace periods

13.1 Your approach to parking management must allow a
    driver who enters your car park but decides not to park,
    to leave the car park within a reasonable period without
    having their vehicle issued with a parking charge notice.

13.2 You should allow the driver a reasonable ‘grace period’
    in which to decide if they are going to stay or go. If the
    driver is on your land without permission you should still
    allow them a grace period to read your signs and leave
    before you take enforcement action.

13.3 You should be prepared to tell us the specific grace period
    at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is.

13.4 You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave
    the private car park after the parking contract has ended,
    before you take enforcement action

You need more than that. Gladstones defences I find when I search have loads more to them, not so much the story of what happened, more legal arguments as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cbella38
    Cbella38 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Right OK will dig deeper - thanks
  • Cbella38
    This is what is going beyond me is the legal jargon. This passage was added as someone one the thread quoted this.
  • Coupon-mad
    Legal jargon?

Have you read the Gladstones defence examples linked in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread? They cite things like 'not complying with the Civil Procedure Rules' but that's not hard to understand even if you've never heard of those rules, it is obvious what is being said in the defences as shown there...isn't it? Most of us here, myself included, have never studied law and we get it, as do most who defend.
  • Cbella38
    I have read the examples and trying to find parts to use in defence but unless it's me don't see a defence that covers the issue we have.

I have printed all the links and read through them.
  • Coupon-mad
    But this is Gladstones...so what's not applicable about this one for example?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71552005#post71552005

That's one of the defence examples in the NEWBIES thread. How is that not OK for your case, with a few tweaks re detail/dates?
  • Cbella38
    I have this but which parts do we tweak?
    Argument how we see it is this :
    Defendant is registered keeper
    On alleged day of incident NO ticket was issued to driver on return to car or was a parking fine affixed to window.
    Driver purchased ticket at 15.56 and ticket expired at 16.56.
    Driver returned to car just after 17.00
    When Notice to Keeper arrived at registered keepers address -DRIVER responded to notice to appeal as thought it was due to arriving late back to car so explained medical condition. Fell on deaf ears then KEEPER received another letter being final notice to which again was replied back too (at this point knew nothing about this forum) again fell on deaf ears.
    Letter from Gladstones arrived and then court papers . But if issue is not displaying a valid ticket they took a photo of car at 16.57 clearly showing ticket being displayed on dashboard.
    Also have ORIGINAL ticket. So with all this in mind how is this worded into the defence ? What is taken out and added ?? Sorry for all the questions
  • Cbella38
    Can't use protection of freedom bit as driver did admit who they were yet still they kept writing to keeper
  • Coupon-mad
    Hang on, please clarify that! Was the keeper not the driver, and the keeper named that driver (name and postal address?). And the claim has still come to the keeper who wasn't driving?
  • Cbella38
    The driver named themselves because they read the NTK letter and it said if weren't the driver please give details of who was . So driver followed the instructions as keeper gave letter to driver . Driver knows now after being in the forum they should not have responded but thought was doing right thing . But yes even though driver details were supplied and address still keep sending things to keeper .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure