PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    He lives in a bedsit and can't afford to buy.

So you can only imagine his frustration. :eek:

Looks like the key is not to BUY a bedsit.... :rotfl:

https://www.property118.com/negative-equity-end-mortgage-term/93304/
  • I think viewing will pick up right from the new year.
  • It's all gone quiet now after the excitement of accepting an offer! I hate waiting round!
  • We weren't really expecting FTB as although we bought it as FTB's the house has drastically increased in value (well lets hope so) and I thought it would take it out of FTB terrirtory.

My husband suspects the FTB is a time waster (I would tend to agree) but only one way to find out!

That there is the problem with the housing market and homeowner's attitudes to HPI. You bought the house as a FTB yet you think any FTB now are timewasters. Presumably the house has drastically increased in value just because you've lived in it, and now all FTB have to live in hovels?
  • Whoa there Kilby!

No one said all FTB are timewasters and this is a SUPPORTIVE thread.
  • kilby_007 wrote: »
    That there is the problem with the housing market and homeowner's attitudes to HPI. You bought the house as a FTB yet you think any FTB now are timewasters. Presumably the house has drastically increased in value just because you've lived in it, and now all FTB have to live in hovels?

Erm, wow, not what I meant at all.

It was the feeling we got from the phone call to confirm appointment and we were correct.

This FTB was a time waster. He had seen 20+ properties in the area and deemed them all to not be value for money. He will forever be a FTB because he will not commit. He didn't even have a mortgage agreed in principle.

We happily showed him around, as we would with any FTB.

FTB's are absolutely the best people for us to sell to - no chain, will make things much easier.

And why does it matter if I did happen to think that all FTB's are timewasters (again, to clarify, I do not)? I would still show them round the property, give them the chance to see it, make an offer.

Think I'm going to go back to the old style money saving forum
    February Grocery Challenge: £0 / £500
  • Don't do that Stephie. It isn't all of us!!

Well we have AGAIN run the gauntlet of tidying and cleaning for photos and estate agent #4 going live on boxing day.
  • smallholdingsister - I hope estate agent #4 is the one :)
    February Grocery Challenge: £0 / £500
  • Thank you! I am so over the cleaning and tidying!

• Well we have AGAIN run the gauntlet of tidying and cleaning for photos and estate agent #4 going live on boxing day.

Fingers crossed for fourth time lucky, smallholdingsister :D
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family