Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Tried again with live chat but no further move on 50% off TV, so I left it as cancellation still processing and will await them contacting me now.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sky announced in their Q3 results end of the week, that they were limiting discounts for existing customers which had increased churn by ~ 10,000 customers in the quarter -seems to support what many are now posting -its getting harder to get a great deal people!
  • My cancellation period ends tomorrow., just checked My Sky which is now offering 50% off for 12 months, up from an initial 35%.

Called to check end date, and they offered the 50% plus £43 bill credit to cover my next bill.
  • Did you have anything else in place (like Virgin Media or BT?) once your cancellation period was over? Also, did you call before or after you checked My Sky?

My dad recently cancelled our Sky subscription as they wouldn't compromise at all. I did check My Sky but there were no offers of a discount yet. On the phone while 'cancelling' they offered 25% off of the movies pack and line rental and 20% off of the fibre optic, we asked if we can't have the same deal as what you're offering a new customer (50% off for 12 months on all packs and practically free unlimited fibre for 12 months on a leaflet we got through the door days after a Virgin Media one came through), at least compromise on the half price fibre optic for 12 months just so it dropped the total subscription price to our budget. So much for 20 years loyalty these days.

I'll keep check over the next two weeks.
  • jaytar
    jaytar Posts: 160 Forumite
    Mine was due to switch off today. Got a phone call last week offering 50% discount and £50 credit which I accepted.
  • orangeanorak
    orangeanorak Posts: 27 Forumite
    If I cancel my Sky broadband, phone, and multi room TV package will my myname@sky.com email cease to function. Losing that would be a major problem and is the main reason that makes me reluctant to leave. Currently paying approx £125 per month - Sports, movies etc all included
  • You'll still be able to access it. Our tv was switched off on the 28th April and I still log on to my sky email account both from the sky homepage and yahoo.

You are better off switching your broadband and phone to another company rather than cancelling though to avoid cessation charges.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    If I cancel my Sky broadband, phone, and multi room TV package will my myname@sky.com email cease to function. Losing that would be a major problem and is the main reason that makes me reluctant to leave. Currently paying approx £125 per month - Sports, movies etc all included

Best bet is just to cancel the TV part as they are treated as separate packages. Sort out your deal for that and then you can see what to do with phone and BB.
  • No, you won't lose access to your Sky Email. As long as you log in at least once every 30 days, the account will remain active. If you don't use it after a 30 days period, they deactivate the account.

We cancelled our complete subscription as I wrote previously. We received an email 2.5 weeks later with a 50% offer and within the same week, a letter through the door offering 50% of our Sky TV (we have entertainment, movies, kids etc) for a limited time. To sweeten the deal more, they also gave us the 50% offer on unlimited fibre optic for 12 months.

Our bill has come down from £107 a month to £72. :D
  • Sky welcome customers calling in to re-evaluate their package/prices and services; however its the greedy, demanding customers that drive price increases, ask yourself do you get value for money, I do, sky go, on demand, the kids app, service app and wfi hotspots all absolutely free, 1/2 price movies because I have sports, if I want freeview sky will give me the sky+ bundle which equates to free tv with recording facilities still available, your haggling guide is geared to the greedy customer who want everything for nothing (practically) Ask yourself if you owned a shop and your customers haggled with you everyday because 20p off a loaf of bread was not enough. Stop encouraging people to be greedy, if you need genuine help sky will give you it, their staff are wonderful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback