Free online storage services

Former_MSE_Becca
Former_MSE_Becca Posts: 250 Forumite
edited 6 August 2013 at 4:02PM in Shop but don't drop
articlealert2_banner.gif
This is the place to discuss free online storage services, as seen in the guide:

This guide includes the biggest and best free online storage services, including Dropbox and SkyDrive.

If you've got any suggestions or questions about free online storage, please join in the discussion :)

Many thanks,
MSE Becca

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,991 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I checked my photos and found I had 25gb - I don't suppose anyone knows of a site offering 25gb free?
    I think....
  • TheRealFixer
    TheRealFixer Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 September 2012 at 11:44PM
    I use adrive.com, 50GB storage free and you get to use a flexible uploader that will also access any local shared drives (NAS/Server) etc. Also offers Android and iOS apps.

More features and storage available for cash!

Phil.
  • SugarSync offers 5GB for free
  • michaels wrote: »
    I checked my photos and found I had 25gb - I don't suppose anyone knows of a site offering 25gb free?

ADrive offers 50GB free
  • The cloud storage facilities already mentioned allow you to save any sort of file in your storage account up to the maximum level chosen - either free or paid for. If you are only concerned about storing your photographic images and videos, I would recommend Photobucket.com which has absolutely no limit on the amount of image/video files you store. Once stored in your Photobucket account, you can specify whether or not these files are completely private, public or available only to selected persons (friends, family etc) It also provides instant codes that allow you to add links to these files for emails, web pages or forums etc. It is well worth considering if you only wish to back your images/videos.
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!! have just started offering 50GB free. Disadvantage - maximum individual file limit of 200MB. Advantage - free desktop widget for uploading. I've used the service intermittently for a few years and found it reliable & efficient.
  • Message should read - mediafire have just started offering 50GB free.
  • SugarSync offers 5GB for free

I would strongly recommend SugarSync, and it does as it says, syncs your files rather than you having to remember to perform a backup!
  • I use Livedrive and it's excellent. Unlimited backup of a computer (I'm currently on around 500GB) or higher packages let you share files like a massive, cheaper version of Dropbox.

From £35/year.

Sorry, I'm too new to post a link. But it's easy enough to find. Search for Livedrive.
  • seaneeboy wrote: »
    I use Livedrive and it's excellent. Unlimited backup of a computer (I'm currently on around 500GB) or higher packages let you share files like a massive, cheaper version of Dropbox.

From £35/year.

Sorry, I'm too new to post a link. But it's easy enough to find. Search for Livedrive.

Thanks for the suggestion Seaneeboy. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.livedrive.com/

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family