Tax Credits Helpline, unable to get through!

Comments

• sbfido
    sbfido Posts: 6 Forumite
    Spent 4 days trying to get through, 4mins + through recorded message and options then cut off.

After 40 calls today without sucess have opted to make a complaint, on hold for 35 mins. then A (Presume scottish) female voice appeared.

"informed them i need to complete the return and also i want to make a formal complaint.

Female "what you complaining about"

Me " the long delays repetitive question system and then being cut off"

Female "so you want to complain about having to wait as we serving others"

Me "No i want to complain about the long recorded messages and then being cut off and if people don't complain you can't get the problems resolved"

Female " So you are complaining that you are having to wait as others are calling"

security question now asked, not given chance to complete the renewal.

Female "will see if someone availiable to tke your complaint STUCK ON HOLD

5 mins on silent hold then the dreaded disconnected sound,

I know feel physically sick to the back teeth, i have a disabled son, enough stress to worry about and you get this load of rubbish.

Looked for a complain telephone number and dah dah same one that is engage or repeated hold then told to busy -

When they stop out payments wonder if they going to sort out all my sons needs.
  • sbfido
    sbfido Posts: 6 Forumite
    tifo wrote: »
    They give you almost 4 months to renew, plus you can estimate your income and give actual figures by 31 Jan the next year, so that's almost 10 months !!!

You obviously not had to use the service or listen to the statement about providing incorrect information and don't call until you have it!!!!!!!

Sadly you are now mistaken.
  • Icequeen99 wrote: »
    Which number were you ringing? I wasn't aware the tax credits helpline told you where you were in the queue. Has anyone else had this?

IQ

No me neither, never heard of caller numbering on their systems :cool:
  • alsoinhd
    alsoinhd Posts: 9 Forumite
    its hard to get through because there aren't enough staff- next time they go on strike because of this try supporting them eh.
  • I have been trying all day to get through, including mid-afternoon. Sometimes you get the engaged tone straight away, sometimes after a short message and then worst of all, after negotiating menu options and listening to a load of irrelevant information, you get told you are going to be transferred to an operator, only to get the engaged tone - at a cost of 4 and a half minutes at 0345 rates! I reckon I will have spent over £5.00 trying to get through today.

I tried to go on-line to complain and ask them to ring me, but you can't contact them on-line. I wouldn't mind, but I have no choice but to phone as they didn't send me a renewal form, just a letter saying to call if I had changes, which I do. I couldn't ring any earlier than today as we needed the profit info for my self-employed partner, which didn't come through until yesterday, when the renewal line is closed.

It is definitely worse this year and I wonder if it's a deliberate ploy to try and stop some people renewing so they can save more money? At the very least, you should get the engaged tone straight away so that you aren't forced to rack up your phone bill in failed attempts.

Does anyone know how to complain about this?

:mad:
  • Heycock
    Heycock Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sbfido...tifo is correct to a degree. I phone my update through every year making sure its well before the deadline (early june). Usually get straight through. Giving an estimate of income isn't classed as "incorrect" information as long as the actual figures are given by the end of January. This is because of the differing accounting dates used in business where accounting dates can overlap the tax year. Latest accounts may not be ready at the time of update.
    Even if an employed person hasn't got their P60 to hand, it would be acceptable to quote the figure off the year's final payslip which will probably be the same anyway.
    Thing is though, why leave it so late?. It's the same with people complaining they can't get through when their tax returns are due. One thing to be said for HMRC...they do give plenty of time and unlike many govt agencies they advertise all these dates widely.
  • on phone for hours yesterday and this morning for 45 mins get long speed about options then voice says I will be transferred to advisor and then beeps and goes deadIm going crazy here . Can't even get in a queue to be answered ?have started over and listened to speed over 100 times 30 th and 31st July

We are trying to gauge whether the phone number for renewing tax credits - 0345 300 3900 - has been experiencing high demand resulting in delays or people just not able to get through.

Please let us know what your experiences this time around (ie JULY 2012) have been like, by posting below.

Also a quick tip - HMRC tells us the quietest time to try is usually in mid-afternoon

Ta

Dan[/QUOTE]
  • So far have been phoning for 4 hours over 2 days Long speel a bout info I need each time followed by being cut off each call lasting 3 minutes before being cut off I'm beside myself I cant even get into a queue It's now 31st July
  • brimau_2
    brimau_2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    on phone for hours yesterday and this morning for 45 mins get long speed about options then voice says I will be transferred to advisor and then beeps and goes deadIm going crazy here . Can't even get in a queue to be answered ?have started over and listened to speed over 100 times 30 th and 31st July

We are trying to gauge whether the phone number for renewing tax credits - 0345 300 3900 - has been experiencing high demand resulting in delays or people just not able to get through.

Please let us know what your experiences this time around (ie JULY 2012) have been like, by posting below.

Also a quick tip - HMRC tells us the quietest time to try is usually in mid-afternoon

Ta

Dan
    [/QUOTE]

Im getting EXACTLY the same. Mixture of instantly cut off or a long wait of going through options, voice saying transferring me...but to an engaged tone!! GRRRRRR
    :happyloveLife - Live it to the full, but live it wisely :A
  • been trying for 30 mins, the line is engaged, or goes through a series of links only to say call back later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure